Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've sort of had this - I shared a navigation point from Google Maps into the Tesla app, to start navigation on the car. The end point it sent me to was about 2 blocks to the east of where it was in Google Maps. Weird.
I had this type of problem with the S about 3 years ago.
Brendon made a "temporary" fix by replacing a piece of wire; hasn't gone wrong since.

Reactions: HighlyCharged
A couple of nights ago I received software version: V10.1 (2019.40.230 etc).
I have a 2015 S (pre-facelift).
I use the cruise control a great deal, to the extent that I sometimes use it like a hand throttle when approaching red traffic lights and such but it used to only go down to 30kph. Now it goes down to 0kph and will stop the car (gently). I can see no way to turn on single pedal driving on this old car. I expect to use this new functionality a lot (I am a little strange). Of course the car would always slow down to zero if there were a car in front that slowed, even all the way down to stopped, now I can slow to any speed (provided mod 5 equals zero) via the cruise speed setting stalk without a guide car in front.
Edit: perhaps we could call this no pedal driving.

Last edited:
2019.40.50.1 XMAS update downloading now on both the X and 3

267A9E5E-3BE2-4C5E-938F-C845B21A4B33.png

Reactions: Dakah3
Have you selected Advanced on Software and clicked on the Advanced button 5 times? I did and both HW3 Model 3 and HW2.5 Model X are getting 2019.40.50.1
Yes I have advanced on, and am an FSD investomer. I've pressed it thousands of times. The 5 times tapping thing is a red herring by the way - the only reason people think it works is because it corresponds with the software tab completing its check for new software. Every time you click on the software tab it checks for new software. If you are off wifi it takes a bit longer to check, and usually you will get to complete the 5 taps before it completes its check. Nonetheless, in desperation even I foolishly do it.

Odd thing happened, both cars downloaded the software seemingly twice, notification came up on the phone app that it was ready to install and the just disappeared. Checking in the car shows still in previously version and new 2019.40.50.1 not showing anymore....
Same with me. I was quite excited, downloading 40.50.1, but it seemed to stop downloading at around 50% (I left the car when it sort of stalled at that point) - came back to find no install dialog and new firmware checks just come up as ‘up to date’. Bit bummed, wanted to show it off to family at Xmas lunch :(

Same with me. I was quite excited, downloading 40.50.1, but it seemed to stop downloading at around 50% (I left the car when it sort of stalled at that point) - came back to find no install dialog and new firmware checks just come up as ‘up to date’. Bit bummed, wanted to show it off to family at Xmas lunch :(

Both our cars downloaded to 100% then re-downloaded again to 100% then after the second time the phone app came up with read to install update etc. message, then all disappeared and as you said in the car no update showing anymore etc. etc.

40.50.1 update has apparently been pulled by Tesla.

I thought it was a bit risky releasing a big update like that at Xmas! An important rule in software development is never release software during a time when you won’t be available to deal with bugs and major failures. I now suspect either there will be a delay in re-releasing it or the poor engineers won’t be enjoying Xmas.