Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would suggest that the UI is there to serve all drivers and all cars, not to just meet your specific requirements and opinions. The 'big visualisation' is of very limited use to us in the UK, but probably more interesting to US, Canada, and soon China and Europe where FSD is coming soon. Maintaining different UIs for different countries will just make if difficult to deliver future features to your car. Say for example the new AutoPark that's coming, it would need two different UIs to support v11 and v12.

This is exactly the same as any computer based technology, you can't get a feature from the next iOS or Android without upgrading the UI, hardware support for M3 macs requires the new UI elements of OSX. It's how technology works.
Wait are you saying Elon doesn't know how important *I* am?! :D

All i'm saying is that I don't understand all the excitement about a big rendering of the car in the display, it doesn't do anything as to how the car improves when driving. The visualisations, yes but they are just that, nothing more. We get very little here with this one it seems.
I may feel different when it lands but at the moment i'm feeling "so what?"

There is a certain feeling of liberation now that I know that my car is no longer a glorified changeable software platform on wheels.
It's obsolete now, so hopefully it will remain what it is now (minus a few safety tweaks here or there) and I won't have to keep "learning" a new software and its foibles.

I think I'm just too grumpy for the Tesla Software roller coaster these days... I'll just keep enjoying the awesome drive :)
100% this ^^^^

My late 2021 LR is on 2023.44.30.14 and would be quite happy to have no other updates aside from safety tweaks. Only things that would make it any better is if they would bring back radar TACC which behaved better and improved wipers.

Couldn’t give a toss about unnecessary graphics and UI updates. Leave as is please Tesla…🙃

Do not most cars with Intel have USS also if not all of them? I have to be honest but I suspect Elon’s coming in the future won’t be true and you’ll keep the Autopark you’ve always had.
USS delete was way, way after the move to Ryzen. There are some videos floating around showing the new vision based parking on the intel atom units, the visuals are reduced, but the core functionality is there. Obviously assumes you've paid for EAP

My late 2021 LR is on 2023.44.30.14 and would be quite happy to have no other updates aside from safety tweaks.

And to add, either implement the things that some of us have paid for or simply offer a refund.

But I’ll happily take improvements to the sub par performing bits too. Never had a car before where features were so poorly implemented or half finished so needed to update it over time just to fulfill basic expectations on how things were expected to function.

Reactions: DoricJim
This thread has a feeling like this …

1714728083542.jpeg

Do not most cars with Intel have USS also if not all of them? I have to be honest but I suspect Elon’s coming in the future won’t be true and you’ll keep the Autopark you’ve always had.

Just not sure they’ll program it to also show up USS readings so if they enabled it, would potentially be a case of turning off the USS in those cars. They’ve probably read Zilla91’s posts and decided they don’t want to go that route. ;)
I have USS and Ryzen, so not all but it was a fairly small window at the start of 2022. The UI we've seen already in the US is a toggle between USS and Tesla Vision, not a fusion of them both. This was a single example, there will be new features in the future that will be built for UI 12 and not UI 11

Reactions: Durzel
I have a question: I am sure I read that the maps would have some sort of speed camera icon notification on the maps - did this ever come in as it's certainly not on my 2019 Model S. On a side note, I used my auto park to get in a tight parallel parking spot the other week, it was brilliant. I still love my car even if it isn't getting as much update love as the 3 and Y. If i could ask for anything through it would be to let me view Sentry feed via the app - and wipers..always the wipers - although to be fair they are as good as they have ever been recently

I have a question: I am sure I read that the maps would have some sort of speed camera icon notification on the maps - did this ever come in as it's certainly not on my 2019 Model S. On a side note, I used my auto park to get in a tight parallel parking spot the other week, it was brilliant. I still love my car even if it isn't getting as much update love as the 3 and Y. If i could ask for anything through it would be to let me view Sentry feed via the app - and wipers..always the wipers - although to be fair they are as good as they have ever been recently
There was indeed a map marker for speed cameras, but it’s disappeared recently. Haven’t driven much in the last few weeks but noticed it isn’t there any longer but the speed camera alert still is at the top of the screen

Was out earlier - had the update available on my app.

Got home a few hours later and it was gone? Looks like they’ve removed the update for cars, may have found a bug perhaps?
There's not a lot of cars getting it on TeslaFi either.

The previous updates had moved into the multiple hundreds of cars per day getting it by this time, this update has had less than 200 per day.

There's not a lot of cars getting it on TeslaFi either.

The previous updates had moved into the multiple hundreds of cars per day getting it by this time, this update has had less than 200 per day.
They don't really ramp it up until around .7 or .8 so .3 is still too new, needs a couple more revisions and bug fixes in theory before everyone gets it. Unless of course it's pretty bug free.

Reactions: Oxid8ter