Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.32.7 OTA Update, how do you like it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday my model S updated to the latest OTA release. From my brief experience so far, I think Tesla did a great job in implementing subtle changes that improve the overall driving experience. In particular, the dynamic zoom visualization on the center cluster, the camera clarity, open door animations and even the volume control display are really nice touches. Previous updates were merely "bug fixes"... this update give us some new / exciting features. I particularly like the way the display zooms on certain driving situations where you can actually see your rear brake lights activated. Was curious if anyone else was impressed with the latest release. Material below is sourced from Not a Tesla App but also available on the release notes.

Improved Autopilot Visualizations

Tesla Improved Autopilot Visualizations feature in update 2023.32.7

Available Worldwide
Undocumented Change
Models:
S
X
Y
Autopilot visualizations (non-FSD) now include some features that were previously only available on FSD Beta.
Improvements include dynamic vehicle sizing and open door visualizations. The vehicle will now determine the width, height and length of each vehicle in its surroundings and size the 3D model appropriately in the visualization. Open doors will also be displayed in gray or orange, depending on whether they're in the vehicle's path.

Improved Reverse Camera View

Tesla Improved Reverse Camera View feature in update 2023.32.7

Available Worldwide
Undocumented Change
HW 4
Models:
New S
New X
Y
The reverse camera view has been improved by cropping parts of the video to minimize distractions. The top portion of the video feed no longer shows the vehicle trunk and the bumper is now hardly visible along the bottom of the reverse camera.
Details

Service Mode Release Notes

Tesla Service Mode Release Notes feature in update 2023.32.7

Available Worldwide
Undocumented Change
Models:
S
X
Y
Service Mode specific release notes have been added with this update. When entering Service Mode, you can now tap on 'Release Notes' near the top of the screen to view any improvements to Service Mode in this vehicle update.
Each new feature is listed with a description and which vehicles it applies to. You can also tap the Service Mode section name in blue to jump directly to that area in Service Mode.
More About Service Mode

Improved Camera Clarity

Tesla Improved Camera Clarity feature in update 2023.32.7

Available Worldwide
Undocumented Change
Models:
S
X
Y
Video post-processing has been improved by providing white and color balance to the vehicle's camera feeds.
This results in more natural-looking videos when using the vehicle's cameras on screen and when utilizing Sentry Mode or the Dashcam.
The clarity of the videos is also notably improved in this update, resulting in clearer video when using the vehicle's reverse or repeater cameras.
Video Comparison

Service Mode ECU Status

Tesla Service Mode ECU Status feature in update 2023.32.7

Available Worldwide
Undocumented Change
Models:
S
X
Y
Tesla's Service Mode now lets you view the status of the vehicle's Electronic Control Unit (ECU). Under Infotainment > ECU Update Status, you can now view the status of a variety of sensors and vehicle sub-systems.
Service Mode is a special vehicle mode that's typically reserved for service technicians, although it can be accessed by anyone. It is used to view information and test various aspects of a vehicle.

Volume Indicator

Tesla Volume Indicator feature in update 2023.32.7

Available Worldwide
Undocumented Change
Models:
New S
New X
Tesla has updated the volume indicator on the instrument cluster to be vertical instead of horizontal.

Just downloading now. Hopefully the dynamic sizing of the objects will also help with the parking assist. Do we think that the long-awaited summon and parallel park assist will be coming any time soon as a result of these updates?

I'm also downloading. But I already got the camera improvements in the last 'bug fix' download.

In that download I also noticed that they fixed an annoying problem with the 'Bong on Green Light' feature that was added a few updates ago. It used to bong when the thru lane light turned green. Great if you are in the thru lane, but if you are in a left arrow turn lane it also bonged at you. Now if you are in a left turn arrow lane it only bongs when the left turn arrow goes green. Nice little bug fix.

Does anyone have FSD beta access on this release? I have a buddy with this version installed who wants to try a 1 month FSD sub, but I haven't seen anything about FSD Beta on this release. Looks like the prior release (2023.32.6) had FSD Beta v11.4.4