Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center Concern

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some advice, I took delivery of my Tesla Model X about a week ago and during the time of delivery I found like 8 things wrong with the car. All equally important to me as I have paid a ton for this car. The tech who walked around with me and documented the issues and assured me they were going to be able to fix these things at a service center.

I go to the service center today and the tech told me he wasn't going to be able to fix most of the issue or they were in spec. At a point he told me if he had to take the bumper off he might mess something else up (paint or some plastic part) and he said we are all human and make mistakes. I felt like he was trying to prime the conversation for a *sugar* job. I don't even think it should be the customer's concern on what it will take to get something right but just getting the job done correctly should be the focus.

What's the experience you guys are having and should I be concerned? I am sending the letter for opting out of arbitration today as it hasn't been 30 days since I took delivery.

Reactions: scottf200
Good point, I'll share the issues:

1) Front right headlight gap between hood and headlight at top left corner
2) Front right passenger inner door sill warped, not affecting functionality. Cosmetic issue
3) 2nd row center seat, seat backing loose in bottom right corner
4) Noise buzzing sound in cabin - car can be stationed or driving
5) Front LH fog light loose when pushing on it. RH fog light firm and not loose
6) LH outer door seal trim piece not flush with rear outer door seal trim piece
7) B-Pillar applique looks warped, does not affect functionality, cosmetic issue
8) Car was dirty - they said they would detail the car for me (had spots of salt and polyurethane on it, inside had dirty scuff marks).