Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Concerns for the future of Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my side mirrors completely shattered today after a car hit it with their side mirror and luckily it was only the glass that needs to be replaced. So I went into the app and booked a replacement and was given a scheduled date for the 29th of February! This is insane to me that I have to wait over 2 and a half weeks for something that would literally take 1 minute to fix. Is it possible to just take it to a Service Centre to get them to fix it up? The app forces me to use a mobile technician.

This made me think about the future of servicing... after seeing more and more Teslas on the road and having only 1 service center to facilitate the entire city, I can't imagine this situation getting any better in the future. Wait times for repairs are going to be insane, god forbid something more serious happens to the car such as a battery or charging issue.

My previous car was a BMW and I had a similar issue, and that was in and out of the dealer within a day. So suffice to say my first service experience with Tesla has been negative.

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
One of my side mirrors completely shattered today after a car hit it with their side mirror and luckily it was only the glass that needs to be replaced. So I went into the app and booked a replacement and was given a scheduled date for the 29th of February! This is insane to me that I have to wait over 2 and a half weeks for something that would literally take 1 minute to fix. Is it possible to just take it to a Service Centre to get them to fix it up? The app forces me to use a mobile technician.

This made me think about the future of servicing... after seeing more and more Teslas on the road and having only 1 service center to facilitate the entire city, I can't imagine this situation getting any better in the future. Wait times for repairs are going to be insane, god forbid something more serious happens to the car such as a battery or charging issue.

My previous car was a BMW and I had a similar issue, and that was in and out of the dealer within a day. So suffice to say my first service experience with Tesla has been negative.
1 service centre to facilitate the entire state ! I’m in Newcastle and will need to drive to Sydney for anything major

Reactions: rohan_aus

Which BMW dealer!, BMW Rushcutters Bay made me wait 8 weeks for an Oil Service on a 2022 530i late last year.

No excuses as the centre child restraint (non) cover is a massive stuff up that shouldn’t have happened but I guess the service crew are busy replacing rear parcel shelf’s on hundreds of Highland model 3s.

Reactions: Davemcd