Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service center damaged my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: The Tesla service center sent my car in for body work to fix the issue I mentioned above. Got it back a couple days ago. A lot of people said it would be an easy match but I look at it and it seems like quite a differnce to me between the driver door that was repainted and the passenger that was factory paint. I've attached a photo for you to determine. Please tell what you think and if you would be happy with this.
This is totally unacceptable, unlike most of the tesla advocates on here , I've been a tesla customer since 2017 and have a few, model x (garbage) , model 3 . I've also been a MB customer convertible and sugar.

Your car IS new and as a multi billion dollar manufacturer, who sells directly there's a myriad of things they can and should do.

Including refunding you for the entire vehicle purchase price . It's thier fault damage they caused . Simple as that. There is no way a aftermarket paint job will ever match factory powder coated factory paint. That equipment is reserved for aircraft and factories.

Get a lawyer . If the douchbag majority owner of tesla, can pay 20B for a text message website , his dumb ass can make you whole. That is the key under common law making you whole.

Don't listen to armchair lawyers here .find a real one , interview a few some.lawyers will be better than others .sue for loss of use and imotional distress throw everything at that clown.

So that they'll "settle" for refunding you or replacing the vehicle . Get them to throw in lifetime unlimited super-charging before settling (I did that ) .

That's the only way tesla will take you seriously . Perhaps reach out to Rich Rebuilds

MB has never treated me as badly as tesla and every Mercedes I've owned had flawless fit and finish .not this half-assed nonsense with misaligned body panels etc. On one of my model s I only learned on the misaligned panels years after , when cleaning it . I refused to believe it. When I brought it to thier attention under warranty they kept pushing it off .

Hold them accountable . They're not a dealer , dealer laws don't apply to them. They've been in court claiming that in every US state and Canadian province.

In most cases they do not. It depends on the state but disclosure normally streets when the repair costs 10%, or more, of the vehicle MSRP. And often wheels, tires, and glass are excluded from the costs to meet the disclosure requirements.
To protect the old mfg dealer structure, tesla argued in court successfully non of that applies to them . They're a direct seller , open to allot more Liability

This is totally unacceptable, unlike most of the tesla advocates on here , I've been a tesla customer since 2017 and have a few, model x (garbage) , model 3 . I've also been a MB customer convertible and sugar.

Your car IS new and as a multi billion dollar manufacturer, who sells directly there's a myriad of things they can and should do.

Including refunding you for the entire vehicle purchase price . It's thier fault damage they caused . Simple as that. There is no way a aftermarket paint job will ever match factory powder coated factory paint. That equipment is reserved for aircraft and factories.

Get a lawyer . If the douchbag majority owner of tesla, can pay 20B for a text message website , his dumb ass can make you whole. That is the key under common law making you whole.

Don't listen to armchair lawyers here .find a real one , interview a few some.lawyers will be better than others .sue for loss of use and imotional distress throw everything at that clown.

So that they'll "settle" for refunding you or replacing the vehicle . Get them to throw in lifetime unlimited super-charging before settling (I did that ) .

That's the only way tesla will take you seriously . Perhaps reach out to Rich Rebuilds

MB has never treated me as badly as tesla and every Mercedes I've owned had flawless fit and finish .not this half-assed nonsense with misaligned body panels etc. On one of my model s I only learned on the misaligned panels years after , when cleaning it . I refused to believe it. When I brought it to thier attention under warranty they kept pushing it off .

Hold them accountable . They're not a dealer , dealer laws don't apply to them. They've been in court claiming that in every US state and Canadian province.
Thanks for the reply. After getting no where with the service center I did hire a lawyer and will see how that turns out.