Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla seeks sanctions after dousing car fire suit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still find it odd all three occurred within I think 6 weeks of each other and nothing before or since. There is zero evidence that this is more than an odd coincidence though.

Last edited:
It does seem very odd.

Perhaps these three fires seem odd now because there are no more fires.

Most likely there are no more fires because of the battery reinforcement that Tesla made in response to fires.

I am curious about accidents people have in Tesla cars and the outcome of the accidents. There seems to be no tracking on this forum of accidents, lets hope that there is no tracking due to a non-existence of accidents.

I still find it odd all three occurred within I think 6 weeks of each other and nothing before or since. There is zero evidence that this is more than an odd coincidence though.

Right. Coincidence. And one of the fires wasn't road debris but an accident (I guess involving too much tequila). So really there are only two road debris fires, so the coincidence isn't that big.

I am curious about accidents people have in Tesla cars and the outcome of the accidents. There seems to be no tracking on this forum of accidents, lets hope that there is no tracking due to a non-existence of accidents.

There's really no reason to track them on TMC. First, all the Tesla owners aren't on TMC. Second, we really only know about the accidents if the press picks it up or the owner mentions it. Third, most accidents are fender benders. The more serious accidents tend to generate threads, but as a statistic, they are meaningless.

There's really no reason to track them on TMC. First, all the Tesla owners aren't on TMC. Second, we really only know about the accidents if the press picks it up or the owner mentions it. Third, most accidents are fender benders. The more serious accidents tend to generate threads, but as a statistic, they are meaningless.
I agree. Any car can get into accidents. The only reason why the fires were so widely covered was because it made for a good headline and the coincidence of them happening all around the same time.

How car performs in an accident is important metric to some drivers, insurance companies and car manufacturers. With more and more cars on the road, there will be more accidents.

I would expect Tesla to outperform other cars regarding occupants safety and seriousness of injury. I am not sure about car body damage.

just think...

No. Just a vulnerability at the front of the pack to highway-speed collisions with road debris. The fires were dealt with safety (and thank you Internet and cameras on phones for showing how safe it was), but tank mode has now apparently stopped any problem at source.

At this point worries about the skateboard concept itself are gone, so now the challenge will be lowering the cost while maintaining fire the strength and fire prevention measures.

... there are a lot of "institutions" who like to see Tesla fail (direct and indirect competitors, oil-lobby, ICE suppliers / sub-suppliers, share market, dealership, etc.etc.) Besides the food sector...all related to the world biggest industries therefor a lot of people get hurt by the EV-Idea.
Maybe big enough story for a Bestseller and / or to make a movie. Remember "Who killed the EV1"

Last edited: