Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla" scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is, unfortunately, the dogma of contemporary medicine (the industry of which, I am prominent). Chiropractic procedures cannot be valid because they are unproven by the larger medical community. This is, frankly, crap. I am absolutely with you on the proliferation of vapid, meaningless placebo procedures hailed as the next great thing, but throwing everything out because some are rotten fish is equally bad.

There's plenty evidence (you'd call it heresay) that people benefit from chiropractic medicine, among other treatments. The amount of money that it takes to get past the FDA and the medical-industrial complex to actually have findings published is ridiculous. I have a dear friend that has been trying to prove that aspirated vitamin C is an excellent way of detemining stroke effects and will reduce the occurence of pnemonia. It's very clear. Vitamin C. Read that again. But the medical community, wanting a ridiculous amount of money for more and more and MORE tests keeps this simple procedure out of the hands of doctors. Hence, it becomes non-scientific horespoop, and you'd toss it away. This is both wrong and contrary to the health of our countrymen and bretheren.

Just because there's snake oil out there, don't throw the baby our with the bathwater. I am personally someone for whom chiropractic procedures work. And my wife. And my parents. I am open to the idea that it's all in my head and that chiropractic is a placebo and I repair myself with my thoughts.

But in this case, I don't think so.

Funny it's an ancient thread since I didn't notice the date when reading the first post and I thought I just got that scam email this week -- courtesy of being forwarded to me by mother -- to which I quickly replied it was a scam...

Subject: Electric Companies terrified by energy device - USNEWS

Date: October 6, 2015 at 10:57:06 AM PDT

USA TODAY
BREAKING NEWS
Tesla's OFF-THE-GRID Generator Explained in Detail!
Their schematics, blueprints, manual and parts list inside...
Brandon Bower | 2:00 PM ET
Find Out What It Takes To Keep You Safe and Powered-Up.
Tesla makes good on his promise to maximize your energy power living off-the-grid.
This video will explain all of the steps in details
BIG ENERGY hates this and will try to take this video down
The Step-By-Step Guide (Video)

To Unsu_bscribe please click here
2241 Front Street Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Sorry to interrupt the off topic subject... now back to it...

Bonnie, you might be right. However, this will be my last comment on this thread.

When I read Elon Musk's Biography and read about all the Chiropractor's in Elon's family and being a Chiropractor for 25 years it was fun and personally exciting to read. A friend Vger brought it to my attention after he had read the biography, as well. I did a search on TMC on "Chiropractic" and this was the first thread I found and was disappointed to see My Profession represented as a scam, so I thought maybe some facts might be more beneficial than opinion.

Every health care system is falling short to meet the needs of the American Public today and so while my profession has it's regretful horror stories, that have and do effect real people, they sure don't represent or negate the good that the Chiropractic Profession provides as a whole, when one finds the right doctor and the right protocols for their condition. A thread called "Tesla Scam" and one including calling Chiropractic a scam, is pretty devolved already, so I was hoping and trusting that this info could be beneficial. One has to read the links and learn something new. S'toon read Green1's opinion, but did either read the info in the links? If one's mind remains open to new information or perhaps having a new and different experience than what was experienced in the past, then I thought there might be benefit to commenting on this ole thread. If it all goes South, then it sure would not be the first time I failed at helping someone see Chiropractic in a different Light.
As he stated, chiropractors are useful for lower back pain. I've used them myself. But I wouldn't trust one anywhere near my neck. People in this city have died after chiropractors have "adjusted" their neck.

And there are chiropractors who are pushing herbal treatments, as Green says. There are chiropractors who are big time anti-vaxxers. That cannot be denied.

Last edited:
There are chiropractors who are big time anti-vaxxers. That cannot be denied.

What is an anti-vaxxer? I was vaccinated as a child and my children are all vaccinated but I had my children vaccinated over a longer schedule and with separate vaccinations where available rather than a combined cocktail. I have serious concerns with the combinations and amounts given to very young children. I was not vaccinated in that manner. Is someone an anti-vaxxer who spreads them out and lets the child's immune system somewhat establish itself before giving too many? If so, then I am an anti-vaxxer and happy to be one. My children are all bright, healthy and have not acquired any medical problems (knock wood). Would they have turned out the same way if as babies they were pumped with more vaccine than I allowed? Perhaps. But I did my own research and I wasn't willing to take that chance. If you live in the slums of Calcutta, I would give everything at a very young age. Where I live, and with what my children would be exposed to, it certainly seemed like overkill and the risks outweighed the benefits. I'm also not one of those people that believes the government is looking out for my own good. Sorry, but the lobbying by special interest groups, and in this case drug companies, is the reality of our times. Of course vaccines are extremely important and valuable but there can be too much of a good thing, especially when the financial gain to certain groups is significant.

....must.... keep..... mouth.... closed...

Chicken.jpg

Hahah. Doing the same here. I keep telling myself 'no need to add to this particular conversation'.

chickens.png

;) (Actually, you're probably being smart but I couldn't resist.)

What is an anti-vaxxer? I was vaccinated as a child and my children are all vaccinated but I had my children vaccinated over a longer schedule and with separate vaccinations where available rather than a combined cocktail. I have serious concerns with the combinations and amounts given to very young children. I was not vaccinated in that manner. Is someone an anti-vaxxer who spreads them out and lets the child's immune system somewhat establish itself before giving too many? If so, then I am an anti-vaxxer and happy to be one. My children are all bright, healthy and have not acquired any medical problems (knock wood). Would they have turned out the same way if as babies they were pumped with more vaccine than I allowed? Perhaps. But I did my own research and I wasn't willing to take that chance. If you live in the slums of Calcutta, I would give everything at a very young age. Where I live, and with what my children would be exposed to, it certainly seemed like overkill and the risks outweighed the benefits. I'm also not one of those people that believes the government is looking out for my own good. Sorry, but the lobbying by special interest groups, and in this case drug companies, is the reality of our times. Of course vaccines are extremely important and valuable but there can be too much of a good thing, especially when the financial gain to certain groups is significant.

There is zero evidence the current vaccine schedule carries any risk. There are anecdotal stories (like the ones told by Donald Trump or Jenny McCarthy) but zero evidence. The one paper by Dr. Andrew Wakefield that started this whole craze and was published in the Lancet 15 years ago or so was retracted a few years ago (rare in a medical journal) and Wakefield no longer is a physician. That article was lousy research at best and fraud at worst.

They are grouped together for a reason. If parent's coup up with their own schedule and space them out then that leaves the child vulnerable for the specific timeframe they were without the vaccine. Vaccines aren't 100% effective but it's far safer than getting polio, pertussis or measles or having a child give that to an immunocompromised child or adult with cancer for example. If 90+% of the population vaccinates their children then people can come up with their own vaccine schedules (or not vaccinate at all) and would probably get away with it. If more and more parents come up with the same idea then the entire system can fall apart. Since vaccines aren't 100% effective even someone who has been vaccinated can still get ill. Look up herd immunity for further information.

There is zero evidence the current vaccine schedule carries any risk...

Well that's not true so I'll stop you there. There are risks from all vaccines. The issue is not the risk itself but the risk vs. benefit analysis. Some of risks are mild, for example, a sore arm or low-grade fever, and go away within a few days. Others are much more severe but rare. I could go through every vaccine my children have got and tell you the risks but you can read them yourself from the drug companies own warnings. Now if it's your position that these risks are no more severe in younger vs. older patients, then we will have to agree to disagree since there are many studies that show the more developed a person's immune system, the less vulnerable they are to these risks.

Well that's not true so I'll stop you there. There are risks from all vaccines. The issue is not the risk itself but the risk vs. benefit analysis. Some of risks are mild, for example, a sore arm or low-grade fever, and go away within a few days. Others are much more severe but rare. I could go through every vaccine my children have got and tell you the risks but you can read them yourself from the drug companies own warnings. Now if it's your position that these risks are no more severe in younger vs. older patients, then we will have to agree to disagree since there are many studies that show the more developed a person's immune system, the less vulnerable they are to these risks.

It is true. The risk is if you wait until they are 2 years old or so they will develop pertussis or something more severe because the decision was made to wait. Show me the peer reviewed medical journals or scientific papers that show that not following the schedule is a smart thing to do. Sure there are risks but they are almost all minor. There are a very very small number of people that should not get the vaccines for medical reason but I bet that doesn't apply to 99.9% of the people who opt out. Look at the polio wards from the 1930-40s. Lots of older children there with well developed immune systems I bet. It is a risk vs benefit analysis. You are right. What is the chance of someone dying from a vaccine vs. the chance they would die of pertussis. In the 1940s over 9,000 children were dying a year. How many children can you document died in the last 20 years directly related to vaccines?
Pertussis | Whooping Cough | Frequently Asked Questions | CDC

My position is that getting some of these diseases is far more severe the younger the patient. Pertussis that might be tolerated better in a 4 year old could be deadly to a child <1 year old.

This is the reason why you stick to the vaccine schedule. If you wait until you think their immune system is 'ready' at age 2, 3 or 4 then you run the risk of the child getting pertussis for example during the gap when the child should have been vaccinated to when it was planned they would get vaccinated.
Babies are at greatest risk for getting pertussis and then having serious complications from it, including death. About half of babies younger than 1 year old who get pertussis need care in the hospital, and 1 out of 100 babies who get treatment in the hospital die.

The people at the CDC are very smart and don't profit from the vaccine sales so have no reason to doubt their recommendations. I trust the CDC over Jenny McCarthy for sure.
Vaccines: Pubs/Parents Guide to Childhood Immunizations - Part 4: Frequently Asked Questions

and
7 Vaccine Myths Debunked by Doctors - NBC News

Last edited:
The risk is if you wait until they are 2 years old or so they will develop pertussis or something more severe because the decision was made to wait.

I agree with the whopping cough and that's one that needs to be done early. It's the example that's often used by the CDC themselves to promote vaccines at a very early age:

"For example, pertussis vaccine is recommended in the United States beginning at 2 months of age to protect infants. That timing saves lives that would otherwise be lost to the disease if vaccines were not given at a very young age."

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/patient-ed/conversations/downloads/vacsafe-acip-color-office.pdf

But in looking at the others, I didn't see the same risks vs. benefit. For instance, "in 1994 Canada was certified as being free of wild poliovirus by the World Health Organization. More recent cases of paralytic polio in Canada have been associated with importations of wild poliovirus and the use of OPV."

Poliomyelitis Vaccine - Part 4 - Active Vaccines - Canadian Immunization Guide - Public Health Agency of Canada

OPV (which is the oral polio vaccine) was stopped being used in Canada 1996 and in the USA in 2000. That's because, as stated above:

"More recent cases of paralytic polio in Canada have been associated with importations of wild poliovirus and the use of OPV."

I am only quoting from the CDC and the Canadian equivalent to show you my concerns as a parent of young children doing my own research right around this time, when my children were very young. Certainly you must be able to see the concern? The CDC did and for this reason it stopped using OPV in 2000 (which was too late for some unfortunate children). But I don't blame the CDC. They do excellent work and should be commended. I am just showing you my concerns and why, as a parent, I made the decisions I did.

The people at the CDC are very smart and don't profit from the vaccine sales so have no reason to doubt their recommendations.

Yes, they are very smart. However, it is not true that they don't profit from vaccine sales, except to say that they don't directly profit from them of course. But they do profit from the drug companies that make the vaccines. The CDC knows and admits that and therefore puts rules in place in an attempt to avoid a conflict of interest. You can read them at the first link above, bottom of the first page. I will only quote this part:

"However, because ACIP members are experts in the vaccine field, they may be involved in vaccine studies. Therefore, ACIP members who lead vaccine studies at their respective institutions may become ACIP members but they must abstain from voting on recommendations related to the vaccine they are studying."

So we have a group of 15 experts who are voting members and are responsible for making vaccine recommendations and who are funded in their research by drug companies. Granted, they can't vote on their own vaccine studies but they perhaps all know each other and perhaps put in recommendations working together.

I think there is a good reason that pharmaceutical companies spent $900 million on lobbying between 1998 and 2005, which is more than any other industry, according to the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics. It probably has no effect on the vaccine schedule, but it certainly caused me to raise my eyebrows and do some further investigations.

Last edited:
At the risk of bringing this old thread back on-topic, sort of. . .

The scam in the email I got today plays on the fact that a lot of people believe that Nikola Tesla invented machines that would give us free electricity, and only our evil government is preventing us from having them. Which is kind of odd, really, because we actually have free energy beaming at us wirelessly from that big thermonuclear reactor a relatively safe 93 million miles away. And most alleged "free energy" machines probably cost more to build (if they worked, which of course they don't) per watt of output, than a solar collector or wind turbine.

It might be instructive to look at what Dr. Tesla actually did invent and what he actually did advocate.

Much has been made of his scheme to distribute electricity wirelessly, but few seem to understand how this was intended to work. As near as I can figure out, he would have fired charged particle beams straight up to the ionosphere, which is an electrically conductive layer of the Earth's atmosphere. Soon the entire ionosphere would be resonating with AC current. The receiving station would then fire beams upward to create a column of ionized air, through which the AC current could flow downward. Effectively it would turn the ionosphere into a global power grid. Could it have worked? Ehh... Maaaybe. There's no question the ionosphere can conduct power, but whether it could really be practical to get the power up to it and down from it is unclear. Another important question is who would pay for all that electrical power being pumped up into the atmosphere, and how to charge for it when anyone-and-everyone around the world could build a receiver and tap into it. It's hard to figure out a business model for this.

Regarding power sources: Tesla described the burning of fossil fuels as "a crime against future generations". He dismissed solar power as impractical -- not surprisingly, given the technology of the time. He advocated the development of geothermal energy.

Despite his brilliance in his own field, Tesla had no clue about subatomic physics. He did tinker some with radioactive materials, but he believed the energy they emitted was merely fluorescence powered by "cosmic rays" of unknown origin. There's a story that has made the rounds a lot on the internet claiming Tesla built some kind of energy device used to power a car. I think this is apocryphal -- however, if such a vehicle ever did exist, it's possible he might have made some sort of radioisotope generator, much like the ones NASA use on space probes. His failure to understand the origin of radioactivity might not have stopped him from harnessing it on a small scale.