Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla Pickup Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Electrek:
duelj_tesla_truck_conecept-e1563640039917.png

Please do not make it look like this, do a basic affordable F-150 type with an 8 foot bed. Tesla needs to sell more vehicles and they need to make a truck that appeals to the masses. More importantly they need to stay in business so stop the crazy designs and get down to business.
Trucks will need to pay for themselves the way that cars do. So the first one will likely be an expensive high margin truck, followed by lower priced ones. And if it has an 8' bed, there shouldn't be any issues. I'm not really sure why you want a big square nose when there's no engine.

Trucks will need to pay for themselves the way that cars do. So the first one will likely be an expensive high margin truck, followed by lower priced ones. And if it has an 8' bed, there shouldn't be any issues. I'm not really sure why you want a big square nose when there's no engine.
Do not care what nose it has as long as it is not ugly. How about something like the model x nose.

Please do not make it look like this, do a basic affordable F-150 type with an 8 foot bed. Tesla needs to sell more vehicles and they need to make a truck that appeals to the masses. More importantly they need to stay in business so stop the crazy designs and get down to business.

I hope they steal Bollinger's idea and put in a pass through for long skinny things that can extend from the bed through the frunk.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I hope they beat Rivian and Bollinger to market...

^^^ This. They really need to beat everyone else to market, even if it means shelving the (declining sales) S&X for a couple years in order to have the capacity to build the truck.

Would really like to see that the truck is still plus sized and shares a lot of tech with the semi (enough so that it can be charged at the same places semis do when traveling cross country). I really hope when they unveil it, it's months away from production, not years.

I hated clicking the FUDerick link but they just stick a battery in without changing the styling but I guess for 20K what do you expect.

Its going to take quite the vehicle to get me to ditch the jeep with my current integrated sleeper top but that Rivian is pretty sweet..
Yeah I'm feeling the same, its gotta be better than my FJ with all the aftermarket modes (or I at least need to be able to move them over to the truck). BTW I will be installing one of these for on board hot water, hopefully this weekend.

Reactions: Dr. J and swaltner