Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was the "Contact Tesla Service" part of the warning that was unsettling.

The neurotic me started thinking:eek:: Where's that phone number? Are they open now?. Will their phone lines be jammed? Will they have to come out here to un-brick the car?

My car did the same thing the very first update that I received so I came to the forums and some owners said this was normal. I received my 2nd update on Friday evening and the message didn't reappear.

Isn't torque steer is usually an artifact of front wheel drive cars? Of the many recurring complaints on TMC, I've never run across torque steer.

On "D" versions, the front wheels (as well as the rears) are driven. On hard acceleration during turns, the steering wheel pulls noticeably away from the direction of the turn on my 90D with "sport" steering set. I haven't tried it with the other steering settings.

Not a big deal, but also not something I had expected. I don't plan to track the car...though that could be fun.

Well... the hold feature that many have pointed out is really well implemented. On slight slops or steep uphill ones, no need to push down hard on the brake pedal. Just let your foot stay on it for a few seconds. Nice! For steep downhills, you DO need to push down hard to get it to engage. A little learning curve/change in driver habits, but well worth the benefits!

The downside, like so many modern features, is that you unconsciously expect this to work on other cars you drive. It doesn't. Oops!

Everytime I get into an ICE car, I'm immediately upset that I have to actually hold the brake at a stoplight! First world problems I know... love the hill hold feature.

Enjoy your car!!

Everytime I get into an ICE car, I'm immediately upset that I have to actually hold the brake at a stoplight!

And a downside scenario:
At a stoplight, an irate driver confronts you, "How come you rear-ended me?"
Your reply, "Sorry, I thought I was in my Tesla. I forgot that I had to keep my foot on the brake pedal".

Could be worse...like rolling into an intersection or a pedestrian. Oh, the risks of acclimating to new technology.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
Thanks for your comments! I also have an 2016 90D (w/new front) and now have 4,700 miles. I
My wife and I have missed extra storage options for things like trash and incidental items. I installed (they screw into the back seats) black stretch netting. The molded pieces fit the back seats (Next Gen) perfectly though I added a little super glue to hold the cover plugs in place. I also got a small black flap-covered bag that I put in the front right seat area. It sits unobtrusively near the floor on the console side. I gently took slickness off leather on console with a little paint remover and then firmly attached black Velcro backing to side with Gorilla super glue. The other side of Velcro strip I also carefully super-glued to back of black bag. Voila! Two great (unobtrusive and attractive) places for extras and trash items. Trash bag can be easily removed for emptying.

Tesla, these kind of items SHOULD BE ON A CAR COSTING OVER 100K! Ha! Do love my Tesla!! Enjoy!!

Reactions: DanInSunnyFL