Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm insanely excited as well. I'm having my least productive Friday afternoon at work ever!

If $120k is true then AWD is not an option for me unfortunately. I'm not sure what I would do with 1G of acceleration anyway! Early reviewers are describing a sense of fear being in the passenger seat.

The driver assist stuff sounds incredible though. My garage has very tricky access - when the Tesla guys brought the demo car around they looked genuinely concerned that they were going to damage it. I wonder if the car can be taught to negotiate it by itself? It sounds like we're going to get all of this for free too. (Well 'free').

Haha, part of the Aussie website is in German at the moment :p

tesla german.jpg

No online ordering for ANYWHERE outside the United States. Not even Canada at this time. The ordering page shows different packages for the various options tho' . I am not interested in AWD, but am very happy to be getting the sensor suite!!

I want the world's fastest accelerating sedan. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Dual Motor is a $14,600 option in the US. Requires Tech Package, Smart Air Suspension & 21" Wheels.

What's the best guess for Australia then? $25-30K