Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If " your car is being prepped for pickup or delivery" means that those cars have landed here, and I believe that is indeed the case, then, whatever happened to my first car which completed on 20th August? ( and, of course the other sigs that were in the same position). My first car displayed that message for a protracted period of time. I saw a white car the other day at the showroom, and I wonder if that was not one of those older cars. Last I looked, a long time ago, mind you, the only two cars being used as demonstrators were the blue and a multicoat red. This white car was of course, being driven by a Tesla employee whom I did not recognize. He was showing it to one of the builders/workmen. Could that be the fate of those first cars? Demonstrators and press test cars? ( and possibly future loaners?).
I was told the launch was going to be early in December. I understood from that week one, not week two. Invites are supposed to go out next week, so we should soon be put out of our misery!!

I wonder whether they'll use launch to deliver a big batch of Sydney based sigs? As opposed to the 5 or so they deliver in other countries.

If the date really is that late, then all the sigs, mine included should be here. Mine is not yet, but on indications from others, it should be at the end of this month, and confirmed by another source. So, you might be right, except that launch will NOT be at the service centre.

If the date really is that late, then all the sigs, mine included should be here. Mine is not yet, but on indications from others, it should be at the end of this month, and confirmed by another source. So, you might be right, except that launch will NOT be at the service centre.

That would be pretty sweet, if all Syd sigs got their cars on launch night and could drive home (or their partners would drive home as i'm sure alcohol would be available haha).

If " your car is being prepped for pickup or delivery" means that those cars have landed here, and I believe that is indeed the case, then, whatever happened to my first car which completed on 20th August? ( and, of course the other sigs that were in the same position). My first car displayed that message for a protracted period of time. I saw a white car the other day at the showroom, and I wonder if that was not one of those older cars. Last I looked, a long time ago, mind you, the only two cars being used as demonstrators were the blue and a multicoat red. This white car was of course, being driven by a Tesla employee whom I did not recognize. He was showing it to one of the builders/workmen. Could that be the fate of those first cars? Demonstrators and press test cars? ( and possibly future loaners?).
I was told the launch was going to be early in December. I understood from that week one, not week two. Invites are supposed to go out next week, so we should soon be put out of our misery!!

They are in storage while Tesla decides what to do with them.

As of this week there are now 4 Model S in Sydney, blue, red, white and silver. All were custom built for demonstrator purposes.

For NSW owners.
Tesla will be doing our registrations for us. They are using Allianz as the CTP insurer. This year, QBE is the cheapest insurer for CTP. In my experience, there seems to be a rotation between the insurers, and as i say, for me, QBE works out cheapest. Use the MAA calculator which does the comparisons of all the insurers for you. Motor Accidents Authority - Green Slip Price Guide Form
Needless to say, Allianz is the dearest, in my case by a factor of $450.00!!!! This is useless spent money. Seems that Tesla may have got a deal from them and the actual figure will be lower, but i wouldn't count on it. I think this needs action by all NSW members of this forum!! Check your own quotes with the calculator, and email in your findings!
I did let them know about the calculator a while ago, and after Ben Hertaus introduced himself to me as my delivery MANAGER, out from Seattle to help with the launch, let him know as well and provided him with the website.

For NSW owners.
Tesla will be doing our registrations for us. [snip]
Check your own quotes with the calculator, and email in your findings!

Hi Dborn, is Tesla in support of this effort? It is all becoming very last minute now, and I'm very sensitive to anything that distracts them or provides yet another excuse for them to slip on delivery. They already talk like chip monks on the phone ( or a record set to 45 instead of 33 ) :) clearly in a big rush. Can we provide our own?

Short of asking to do your own registration, they will simply go ahead. Clearly, Tesla is NOT in support of an effort to reduce our costs, at least not on this issue.

As a slight counter to that argument Tim Ellis has confirmed that they did look into the vehicle tax reduction for low emission vehicles and have secured the discount for Tesla Model S. It only make about $30 difference, but it is something.

- - - Updated - - -

Also tried the MAA calculator.

For me the range was $503 to $881. Cheapest was QBE, most expensive was NRMA.

Allianz were second cheapest at $544 so I am pretty happy if that is what I get charged.