Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks fantastic - impressive what they have achieved since they started fitting it out.

Soooo, the big question is when is the launch!

Perhaps announced this week?
Hong Kong got two weeks notice of the launch - so on track for Late November?

Late November is good, just so long as they don't choose the weekend of December 6-7 as I have to go to a wedding in Mudgee or risk familial excommunication!
So of course that's is when the Launch Event will happen with almost 100% certainty.

It can be done, that's why it took the Speed Cameras to implement enforcement of this function to take effect just this year in the Dandenong Road strip even though it's been there since they were installed. They're using the standard dates published by that specific schools around that area. So @heosat is so certainly correct spot on in reference to localising such functions.

That's how they did it. That's how the algorithms should be as well with the autopilot. A lot of engineering work needed for it but can be done.…

And the Israeli hardware is certainly up to the task for it.

I have no doubts about the ability of the hardware, but getting the necessary localised information to make it work strikes me as very unlikely. Remember, this is Victoria we're talking about - a place that refuses to provide google with public transport timetable information to enable google maps to give public transport directions. It would only take a small amount of effort to enable that functionality, but no-one cares (in fact there are people who have actively resisted it!). The chances of getting a reliable source of school dates covering the whole state with zero errors that is kept up to date year after year strikes me as very low. Especially as, in the near term at least, it is for a very small number of cars driven by people with environmental sensitivities!

Today, very few bodies at the service centre. However, it seems all the office furniture has been delivered, not just the bar stools previously seen. Lots of office chairs as well. Other furniture fittings also seem to have been installed. Cant see any evidence of workshop equipment, though, or where it might go.
Also, NO evidence of a supercharger, at least not one easily accessible to the public. Perhaps there will be one under cover where it is difficult to see from outside the fence.

Today, very few bodies at the service centre. However, it seems all the office furniture has been delivered, not just the bar stools previously seen. Lots of office chairs as well. Other furniture fittings also seem to have been installed. Cant see any evidence of workshop equipment, though, or where it might go.
Also, NO evidence of a supercharger, at least not one easily accessible to the public. Perhaps there will be one under cover where it is difficult to see from outside the fence.

I'm fairly certain there won't be an SC at the service centre.

Showroom

Colour squares and interior samples are now up on the walls of an area obviously a design centre area!! Not long now til the place opens.
Anyone want to start a thread to guess when launch date will be? My guess is the sales area will open within a week to two maximum. Launch is a whole different issue. . 28/29/30 November? That would make it just after Thanksgiving. Hmm, so, maybe not, if Elon wants to spend it with his family. Then, the following week. Don't think all the sigs will be here much before that. If it is going to be then, we should hear by the end of this week to give us a fortnights notice like they did in Hong Kong. Anyone know how much notice they received before the UK launch?:tongue::smile: