Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you noticed that the charging connectors to be supplied are different? Wonder if this is not an error? Also, anyone think there has been a price rise? Difficult to tell with the new packages. We are still not getting Homelink, it seems.
With all of these changes without the "Premium Interior Pack" my price is identical. However, my original did have Premium Lighting in that price (not the other bits in the Premium Interior Pack).

Tech Pack has gone up $600 - basically the parking sensors now included (Edit: And Fog Lights). Spoiler now an option at $1200, which was the price of my Premium Lighting - so that's all the difference: the spoiler I now have to pay for and I can't have the interior lighting on its own.

I assume they are going to sort us out as we were.

Last edited:
My car was previously ~$166,600. I've just run it through the design studio and I get $173,058. It's not exactly the same car though; I have the yacht floor and LED lighting - these are now only available with the enhanced Napa leather interior which I didn't have. I don't remember what that cost, but I think it added about $3500, so maybe the cost of my car has gone up by $3000-$4000. i.e. 2.5%ish.

Actually, when i run my specs through, and since it is a sig, it is all options except sub zero, the figure i come up with is around $4000 CHEAPER!! I took the 19in cyclones. However, even 21 in turbines still works out a bit cheaper!! accordingly, i have asked the obvious questions.

Just on the charging side I'd be very surprised if there was going to be a change in charging standard for the Tesla. We don't need to make an already confused charging standards landscape even more confused!

Edit: My P85D is coming in at $195,854, which is pretty much what I expected. Depending on what price I can get for my 85 next year, I may very well have to upgrade!

:smile: I don't think it's for public use. I wouldn't worry though...no doubt there'll be Superchargers in Tas soon.

I'm not asking for 'public' use. I'm asking for fellow-early-adopter chummy Tesla in-crowd use. :biggrin:. I wouldn't hold my breath for superchargers in Tassie. I'm not holding my breath for the mobile charger either - and finding somewhere to plug it in could be challenging anyway.

If anyone is prepared to make the 9-point turn into my garage they're welcome to use my charger in Melbourne anytime!

Last edited:
I'm not asking for 'public' use. I'm asking for fellow-early-adopter chummy Tesla in-crowd use. :biggrin:. I wouldn't hold my breath for superchargers in Tassie. I'm not holding my breath for the mobile charger either - and finding somewhere to plug it in could be challenging anyway.

If anyone is prepared to make the 9-point turn into my garage they're welcome to use my charger in Melbourne anytime!

Mine too though I suspect to be useful we'd all need to offer lodging too.

And soon you'll be able to tell the model s to park itself in those tight spots

Now here is an idea that could work and generate some revenue for the owner as well. (in advertising). Mind you it is about 40 grand, US, but still, a lot cheaper than supercharging and probably more for destination charging than en route charging like a supercharger. EV ARCâ„¢ - :

If I'm not mistaken… this could be what timpoo or jetcharge is looking to implement at local council level… Ü

If I'm not mistaken… this could be what timpoo or jetcharge is looking to implement at local council level… Ü

No comment. :)

I will say though that I think there needs to be alternatives to the Superchargers, such as destination charging.

Dborn - that thing looks great, but my only concern is that it can only charge 1 car per day. I feel like it's more of a marketing thing or WOW thing rather than a practical thing. Any kind of public infrastructure needs to have sustained long term practicality - when more than 5% of people are driving electric cars. Still, I love all the innovation that's happening in the sector.

just noticed on ordering page that the new dual motor options have lower range than single motor options.
thoughts?

On the American page it shows more range for the dual motor options, EPA cycle.

On the Australian page it shows less range for the dual motor options, NEDC cycle.

Less high speed driving in the NEDC cycle where the overdrive of the front motor is not taken advantage of and the penalty of the extra weight is more pronounced?

So with the wild weather we have had the last two nights in Sydney it got me thinking what would happen if a power line is struck by lightning whilst your Model S is charging? Would the service fuses or breakers protect the car or would your new pride and joy end up as toast?

Would you charge or not if storms are expected?

With that HV DC ratings on the batt and BMS, the protection circuit within the car's charger should have that type of protection that comes with the territory. Small electronics have protection circuits for possible ESD scenarios, its suffice to say this car has it as well albeit raised to even higher levels