Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla drops prices on X/S $20k. All colors free. Bye bye resale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it was a BMW dealer in Houston, Tx.
Interesting, and a good sale price, especially for such low mileage, assuming it's in an excellent condition (which it certainly should be).

I was under the impression that Tesla strips FSD from cars when they go through a non-Tesla transaction/sale. Does your FSD still work? Is there any risk that it won't going forward if you visit a Service Center?

Interesting, and a good sale price, especially for such low mileage, assuming it's in an excellent condition (which it certainly should be).

I was under the impression that Tesla strips FSD from cars when they go through a non-Tesla transaction/sale. Does your FSD still work? Is there any risk that it won't going forward if you visit a Service Center?

This has been beat to death. Tesla has absolutely no right to strip FSD during a transaction (private or a dealer) that does not involve Tesla.

The confusion comes from the situation where dealers purchase a Tesla at auction from Tesla. Tesla has the right to do whatever they want with it. I’ll add “when it’s in their possession” as some of thier actions have happened after the next sale which is a big no in my book.

And one owner unlimited supercharging is in the purchase deal as one owner, so it’s different.

This has been beat to death. Tesla has absolutely no right to strip FSD during a transaction (private or a dealer) that does not involve Tesla.

The confusion comes from the situation where dealers purchase a Tesla at auction from Tesla. Tesla has the right to do whatever they want with it. I’ll add “when it’s in their possession” as some of thier actions have happened after the next sale which is a big no in my book.

And one owner unlimited supercharging is in the purchase deal as one owner, so it’s different.
Informative.

Let us hope then that this statement holds:

The confusion comes from the situation where dealers purchase a Tesla at auction from Tesla.

The selling BMW dealer may have purchased the car at auction, no?

If so, hopefully the FSD is NOT in the process of being removed via Tesla's very slow motion back office protocols . . . .

Informative.

Let us hope then that this statement holds:

The confusion comes from the situation where dealers purchase a Tesla at auction from Tesla.

The selling BMW dealer may have purchased the car at auction, no?

If so, hopefully the FSD is NOT in the process of being removed via Tesla's very slow motion back office protocols . . . .
The wholesale price on the model s at Mannheim is currently 62k so i seriously doubt the bmw dealer purchased that car at auction to sell it for 61. More likely they took it in on trade for below wholesale and sold it at a slight profit.

The FSD sticks if you buy from a dealer but if the dealer takes it to an auction or you trade it into tesla, the FSD is removed or stripped by Tesla. Car now in my Tesla account and the FSD still there.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
The wholesale price on the model s at Mannheim is currently 62k so i seriously doubt the bmw dealer purchased that car at auction to sell it for 61. More likely they took it in on trade for below wholesale and sold it at a slight profit.
Correct. The original owner traded it for a bmw 5 days before I bought it from the bmw dealer. I had to wait 4 days from purchased date for them to do full inspection and prep it for my delivery.

I just noticed another $2k price drop. LR now to 72,990. Plaid now down to 87,990!

1713583834856.png

Never thought I'd see that.

Looks like Tesla is trying to get demand as much as they can. Recent lay offs and the whole PR debacle with Musks pay package probably isn't hinting at great sales in upcoming months.

But yeah pretty crazy to see another price drop.

I would not be super shocked if the LR dips into a MSRP of 69,420! (lol elon)

Not sure if the Plaid will ever get below 80k (unlikely as that will sell out a year's production in hours lol) but maybe below 85k is possible before year is over?!

Historically, tesla drops prices at quarter end or if there are some impending minor changes coming. Seems great initially but I’ve learned to keep a bit of a watch whenever I see a Tesla price adjustment !

Wondering when they will revamp the interior dash to strip lighting in keeping with the highland 3 and upcoming juniper Y.

Historically, tesla drops prices at quarter end or if there are some impending minor changes coming. Seems great initially but I’ve learned to keep a bit of a watch whenever I see a Tesla price adjustment !

Wondering when they will revamp the interior dash to strip lighting in keeping with the highland 3 and upcoming juniper Y.
This. Seems like those minor hardware changes fall near or during the second half of the year.

Price drops might be a way to soften the blow before the new, new stuff comes out.

Reactions: Destiny1701