Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What a crazy night! First highland, then model S and X drop to the cheapest I’ve seen yet with free paint colors!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Model S is still one of the best looking cars on the road. The rear can not be beat. I think it looks much better by far over the Model 3 and don‘t even consider the Model 3 close the same league.
I agree. I just sold one of the nicest and fully loaded Mercedes S-class cars that anyone could ever build (151K MSRP every single option). I swear that my current new to me Blue Model S turns heads 10X more than my S-class. I hot many thumps ups on stop lights. Not many Tesla cars in my area or state.

Reactions: pilotSteve and DBV1
I agree. I just sold one of the nicest and fully loaded Mercedes S-class cars that anyone could ever build (151K MSRP every single option). I swear that my current new to me Blue Model S turns heads 10X more than my S-class. I hot many thumps ups on stop lights. Not many Tesla cars in my area or state.
The difference though is that the Mercedes S class was put together with nearly 100 years of experience and quality control. Heads can turn all day long, but if the car is not put together well, doesn't matter.

Heads can turn all day long, but if the car is not put together well, doesn't matter.

I don't know.... I'm old enough to remember when BMW was the sporty German brand but not regarded as reliable as Mercedes. People bought them anyway. People have been buying Teslas anyway. If you were right, everyone would drive Toyota appliances. Build quality is a factor, but it's obviously not the only factor.

Reactions: pilotSteve and SO16

It definitely makes sense to buy a car that is rare in your area if you want to stand out. You would be sad in Houston when no one even notices your new Model S anymore then they notice a Corolla. Here when we pull up to a valet in an S-Class, they know you are a baller and park it up front. The Model S goes to the garage.

Reactions: tpekid88
I wonder if these price drops will crush the competition. Porsche, Audi, BMW will soldier on, as will GM and Ford, but what about Lucid and Rivian?

Rivian and tesla aren't exactly competitors. At least not until the cybertruck comes out and they make an suv that isn't terrible.

I might be wrong but I don't think lucid is a competitor either. It seems more like a project to see how much Saudi cash they can set on fire.

I have a BMW EV and it does 350 miles per charge - Tesla is converting stations to have CCS adapters. Whether those plans have changed or not I don't know, but they started doing so in the US.
I think we were talking about 2 different things then. The stations with CCS adapters have been referred to as Magic docs and there is a list of those in another thread.

List of Superchargers with Magic Docks

There are also a number of OEM's that are going to start installing the Tesla charge port (NACS) sometime in 2025 into their own cars.
tracking automaker nacs adoption in NA

I think it would be great if Tesla installed Magic Doc stations all over the country, but I do not think that will happen. In view of the large number of OEM's that are going native NACS, there might not be any incentive for Tesla to continue the Magic Doc installations.

As far as the price cuts Tesla made to the S and X, I do think that BMW and MB are going to feel some pressure to match those price cuts. However it remains to be seen if they follow suit or not.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I think we were talking about 2 different things then. The stations with CCS adapters have been referred to as Magic docs and there is a list of those in another thread.

List of Superchargers with Magic Docks

There are also a number of OEM's that are going to start installing the Tesla charge port (NACS) sometime in 2025 into their own cars.
tracking automaker nacs adoption in NA

I think it would be great if Tesla installed Magic Doc stations all over the country, but I do not think that will happen. In view of the large number of OEM's that are going native NACS, there might not be any incentive for Tesla to continue the Magic Doc installations.

As far as the price cuts Tesla made to the S and X, I do think that BMW and MB are going to feel some pressure to match those price cuts. However it remains to be seen if they follow suit or not.
Correct. I would doubt Tesla would continue installing these adapters as a huge number of manufacturers are moving to NACS. On another thread I had a discussion whether Tesla is a luxury car company or not. Technically they're not so they wouldn't be in the same league as those German manufacturers. But people do perceive Tesla as a luxury car manufacturer. The difference is very very real with the quality. The Kia EV6 generally has nicer interior and build quality than a Model 3. I think this is the real competition for Tesla. For the legacy carmakers they are still selling ICE cars so in a sense they're competing with themselves when someone comes in and doesn't like the EV price premium.

Reactions: pilotSteve