Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger stations in Georgia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope the Atlanta and Macon supercharges come online as placed (see the new "Coming Soon" map). With these new supercharger additions, I can finally make it from Franklin TN to HHI in my model S!

My biggest hesitation on buying the model s is the franklin, tn to Atlanta trips. I figured that the Chattanooga supercharger was more important than Atlanta. Actually, I guess you need both unless you had a hotel with a charger.

bigdomer...I guess that depends on which battery pack/onboard charger setup you have. I have the 85KW with dual chargers which I believe will get me from Franklin to Atlanta. My last ICE trip through Atlanta, I logged the miles and it is approximately 250 miles from my house in Franklin to the Sam's Club south of Atlanta. Given that distance, I'm assuming I can get to the Atlanta supercharger starting off with a full charge and encountering no issues along the way. It may be a close call but seems doable. Alternatively, I could stop off for a meal and a quick charge at the Marietta Service Center (given my dual chargers) then continue on to Atlanta and that certainly would work. Ultimately, I need to get to HHI South Carolina. Once I get to Atlanta and use the supercharger there, I could stop at the Macon supercharger for a quick charge, then continue on to the Savannah supercharger, and then on to HHI. Ideally it would work a little better if the Supercharger was north of Atlanta (say in Marietta) but the proposed Supercharger placements work for me nonetheless. If you have a 60 then you would definitely want something in or near Chattanooga to get you through to Atlanta.

Last edited:
bigdomer...I guess that depends on which battery pack/onboard charger setup you have. I have the 85KW with dual chargers which I believe will get me from Franklin to Atlanta. My last ICE trip through Atlanta, I logged the miles and it is approximately 250 miles from my house in Franklin to the Sam's Club south of Atlanta. Given that distance, I'm assuming I can get to the Atlanta supercharger starting off with a full charge and encountering no issues along the way. It may be a close call but seems doable. Alternatively, I could stop off for a meal and a quick charge at the Marietta Service Center (given my dual chargers) then continue on to Atlanta and that certainly would work. Ultimately, I need to get to HHI South Carolina. Once I get to Atlanta and use the supercharger there, I could stop at the Macon supercharger for a quick charge, then continue on to the Savannah supercharger, and then on to HHI. Ideally it would work a little better if the Supercharger was north of Atlanta (say in Marietta) but the proposed Supercharger placements work for me nonetheless. If you have a 60 then you would definitely want something in or near Chattanooga to get you through to Atlanta.
My HPWC is on Plugshare and I am near the Hamilton Place Mall less than 1/2 mile from I-75 / I-24.

Al1 at the TM forum found an article about the upcoming supercharger in Macon. It will have 8 spaces and will be located behind the Macon - Bibb County Convention and Visitors Bureau, 450 Martin Luther King Blvd.

Run!

Chris Rock said:
If a friend calls you on the telephone and says they're lost on Martin Luther King Boulevard and they want to know what they should do, the best response is ‘Run!’

Is it that bad?

I lived in the downtown historic district of Macon for 7 years while at the medical center, and still have the house (located approximately 4 blocks from the Convention & Visitors Bureau). Having moved from FL, I was overwhelmed by the true southern hospitality and friendliness of the residents, something almost completely absent from many parts of Florida.

Yup, just today we found out where it's going. We have a local Tesla owner who will be giving us updates nearly daily. See latest info here:

Supercharger - Tifton, GA

Well, almost latest. The owner will likely post to the local Facebook group, but airj1012 is good about copying status across.

Also, it appears that it never got linked in this thread, so due diligence ... Here is the thread on the Macon supercharger, which appears to have COMPLETED construction last week and is expected to go online any day now:

Supercharger - Macon, GA