Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger stations in Georgia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen anything on the Savannah location. Any news there? I hope to use it in late December. Took a quick look at possible locations and there seem to be some possibilities either 1 or 2 exits north or south of the I16-I95 interchange. Any thoughts from GA folks.

Nice! The Tesla SC map has a red dot @ the Chattanooga area. That's a gap of over 200 miles between Chattanooga and Macon. If the Atlanta service center is in Marietta, it might be a good idea to have superchargers there also. The area has a lot of shops and restaurants and it just about splits the gap in half.

I live in Chattanooga and I was thrilled when I read your post...but alas...I think you must be mistaken unless I am looking at a totally wrong map. No red dot in Chattanooga for the foreseeable future.

Since Hamilton Place is a CBL mall ( their HQ as well, I believe ), I wouldn't be surprised if they extend their partnership with Tesla and add more locations ( hopefully including this area).
It would certainly be a good choice for location. It's right at the confluence of I75 and I24 so both east-west and north-south could be easily accommodated. Also the equidistance from Birmingham/Nashville/Atlanta/Knoxville would make it a logical location. According to the Tesla site map, we are not due an SC until 2015 :crying:.

Tesla just issued an update to their supercharger map which removes the I-85 Commerce(-ish) SC site and the I-85 NC/SC border SC site from the Fall 2013 plan. Now there's a "Coming Soon" phase, and those sites aren't in it, rather pushed out to 2014. Atlanta / I-85 drivers have gotten the short end of the stick on this update, in favor of focusing on I-95 and the cross-country link (e.g. Elon's spring trip).

Looks like Greenville SC will continue to get some decent restaurant / hotel business from the Atlanta-area Model S owners making the trek!

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Tesla just issued an update to their supercharger map which removes the I-85 Commerce(-ish) SC site and the I-85 NC/SC border SC site from the Fall 2013 plan. Now there's a "Coming Soon" phase, and those sites aren't in it, rather pushed out to 2014. Atlanta / I-85 drivers have gotten the short end of the stick on this update, in favor of focusing on I-95 and the cross-country link (e.g. Elon's spring trip).

Looks like Greenville SC will continue to get some decent restaurant / hotel business from the Atlanta-area Model S owners making the trek!

Yeah, and the NH one was removed from the new coming soon area as well! That stinks for me as I wanted that one to go see the in laws...

At least they have made a page that is more close to the truth. That's worth something. We don't have to guess which ones are actually "fall" and which ones aren't, haha.

A Tesla owner in Georgia reports that a Tesla rep told him today that "our Macon site is targeted for completion in Q1 of this year."

I think we might be getting a batch of news tomorrow as Tesla does their NAIAS unveils in Detroit.

EDIT: Nothing new announced at NAIAS. When will I learn? Tesla doesn't do big announcements at car shows, they do them at their own events on their own terms.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it looks like Atlanta is going to be Land locked away from the superchargers until 2015....(Unless you go up 85 North)

I agree with this. Driving I-85 is great going to NC. But if I want to go to VA or SC I want to take I-20, and need an Augusta Supercharger. This one site would give North access on I-95. And due to traffic the slight increase in distance is totally offset by less traffic when going north.

I really hope that Tesla can prioritize the Augusta Supercharger. It really is the best way to I95.

I hope you are right. I was just basing it off the SC map on the Teslamotors site. I have noticed that when they give a year for something, they usually mean the very end of that year...
Having gotten my car a year ago with less than ten superchargers all in California, the growth of the network is truly amazing. Yet no matter how fast, never enough. I am willing to cut them some slack and allow flexibility, especially as they go global

Just took a look at the Supercharger Map. As of 2015, there is still no red dot in the vicinity of Atlanta but Macon, Chattanooga and Nashville have it. That leaves a pretty big gap between Macon and Chattanooga.

There's a Tesla service center in Marietta. That would be a nice halfway point between Chattanooga, TN and Macon, GA. It seems like a logical choice to me, I hope they make one there.

There's a Tesla service center in Marietta. That would be a nice halfway point between Chattanooga, TN and Macon, GA. It seems like a logical choice to me, I hope they make one there.

Well, they are not putting them anywhere useful for me (Madison, AL) in the next couple of years.

Chattanooga is good.
Nashville is good.
Birmingham, AL needs a SC. I want to visit the Barber Motorsports Museum!
Memphis is a bit far at 215 miles.

Guessing Jackson, MS is on the plan. Thats too far at 334 miles without SCs at Birmingham and Meridian.

Perhaps Tesla knows better than I, but I think there is more traffic through Birmingham (not on the schedule) than Montgomery (on the schedule).

If I could, just for laughs I'd drive to West Monroe, LA, and park my Model S under the Duck Commander sign for a picture.

Today Tesla quietly updated their Supercharger map showing the FUTURE rollout, and Georgia is finally going to get some serious SC attention. Atlanta, Macon and Tifton SC sites are "coming soon" (in the past this has meant within months), and then Commerce and Augusta are coming by end of this year.

Yes sir now the map finally makes more sense!