Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seabrook, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is from this morning. There seems to be lots of stuff on site, so it looks like it's all proceeding.
Pedestals.jpg

Trench.jpg

sonotubes.jpg

EVTripplanner says you can make it. 225 miles. Take the route through Belfast which is shorter distance and slower speed. Augusta would make it easier and not require a range charge; Bangor will enable round-trip to Mt. Desert without local charging.

Can you reach Seabrook from where you are?

Well, I have a Volt, not a Tesla, so yes. :p Yes, you can get to Bar Harbor, but destination charging would be a must. Bar Harbor's really a summer destination, which is why I mean it's too late; and when it gets cold here, 225 would be a real stretch. For the winter people head for slopes (if not Florida :p) which means Western Maine. Bangor's too far NE to be of help. Augusta would at least open up Sugarloaf while also giving more overall coverage of the state which is why I think it should be the priority. And my oreference has nothing to do with being close enough to Augusta to check on construction. :p

There are several Tesla chargers in Maine along the coast - Kennebunk, Newcastle, and Camden so far. There is nothing inland which makes it difficult to access the mountains and lakes. I keep hoping that the Tesla SC map will complete itself in this part of the country
Mt. Abram has destination charging -- not Tesla-specific, but J1772s. It's only 127 miles from Seabrook to Mt. Abram.

Also remember that there are a decent number of CHAdeMO sites in Maine (mostly at Nissan dealers), so if you buy an adaptor you'd be in pretty good shape. Which isn't to say that we don't need the promised Superchargers at Portland, Augusta and Bangor!

The gating item is the utility transformer.
I'd argue there's 2 gating items - delivery of the transformer and connection to the grid. As I recall, West Leb and Hooksett got transformers fairly quickly, but it took a while for connection (Liberty in West Leb, PSNH/Eversource in Hooksett). Seabrook is the first SC in Unitil territory, so who knows how long things will take.