Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sagamore, MA (non-canonical thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who were unable to attend the meeting last month:

Public Hearing for Site Plan Review #485: 24 Meetinghouse Lane. TESLA Motors. To install 8 charging stations for electric cars.
Rosadi Dean of Tesla explained the project. They are a network of quick charge stations and people have been asking for a Cape location, this is a perfect area.

Mr. Howarth reviewed the project. They are constructing a small paved area in the lot adjacent to Dunkin Donuts with 8 spaces with access from the Dunkin lot. There will be an 8’6” fence around the cabinet and equipment. Circulation/access is fine. Drove around the area during the last rain and all catchbasins seemed to be working fine except one on Meetinghouse Lane and it’s not an issue with this project. Stormwater drainage? Dody said its fine; they are installing a rain garden. We are still missing the height of the fixtures. The light pole will be at the corner of Homestead Road and connect.
Mr. Howarth stated this is an excellent plan, top shelf and ahead of the curve.
Rosadi: we are excited to come to Bourne and this will be the first station to open in Bourne. New England is the fourth largest market in the US.

20 minutes will charge 50%. A full charge will last about 300 miles. The overhead light pole will be 113’ and is the only pole for the entire property regardless of future development.

Chairman Farrell asked how these work?
Rosadi: they are free to use. The car costs about $70,000. There is a Massachusetts rebate and a tax credit of $7,500. While the car is charging, people can walk and spend at local businesses. It’s a practical alternative and has won all kinds of awards.

Mr. Clegg asked about the signage. Dody stated they will need a permit.

Mr. Clegg asked what the size of the transformer will be?
Rosadi: It’s about the size of the NSTAR ones and will be on a 9’x9’ concrete pad. It’s the internal capacity that differs. We have worked with NSTAR. There is no stored energy in the charger. Once the car connects then it starts to flow the electricity.

Christopher Fava, Tesla owner, is very excited. It’s been a long time coming and there is great infrastructure on the Cape for this.
Mr. Howarth made a MOTION to approve with the granting of the waiver for overhead cables and to meet all rules and regulations of the Bourne Fire Dept. the MOTION was seconded by Mr. Doucette with all in favor.

Thanks very much for the great update. I was pleased to see the site about a month ago, and it looks like a good location. Although I use the Bourne bridge far more, the location is convenient enough for anyone coming and going to Cape Cod, and really is the only viable Tesla resource on the Cape. Obviously, the location is highly seasonal, and I suspect that Winter use will be minimal, Summer use heavy. I visit my dad and brothers on the cape often, and charging always seems a little bit of a hassle as I tend to drive while on the cape more than I would have guessed. Finally, a coffee Coolatta will be a welcome way to spend the 15 or 20 minutes while charging, but I must say that I think of Dunkin' Donuts as pretty much the antithesis of Tesla. But count me in for jelly donut, too.