Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA (non-canonical thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow.. you can cherry-pick these bizarre definitions of "New England" all day long, but New England, by official definition is CT, RI,MA, VT,NH, and ME. That's it. New England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I live in Fairfield County and there are *plenty* of people here who root for the Red Sox, as if that's even a criteria for being included in NE. I lived *in* Boston for 17 years and never once rooted for the Red Sox. I guess I wasn't a real New Englander. :wink:

Also, you don't think the New England superchargers you cite are for people in New England to travel south TO New York, New Jersey, Phila, and DC? And that they're only for NY Metro area people to escape NYC? Unbelievable.

The under-development of New England SC's has been bizarre (until now?). "New England" isn't really served just because trips to NYC are possible. Three satellite SC's, in Hookset (North), Auburn/84/90 (West), and I95 were all they had to start with. Just about three years later...

Up here we have plenty of "Yankees", despite how some New York ball club assumed the term.

The under-development of New England SC's has been bizarre (until now?). "New England" isn't really served just because trips to NYC are possible. Three satellite SC's, in Hookset (North), Auburn/84/90 (West), and I95 were all they had to start with. Just about three years later...

I think that was Robert's key point: what matters is not the location of the Supercharger, but the communities that it serves. ME not having a Supercharger will have a bigger negative impact on Persons From Away than it will on Mainers, because there aren't many Mainers and average incomes are low.

Did they get the transformer installed yet? Really hoping to avoid the detour to East Greenwich on Friday.

Just got back from a nice weekend in Cambridge. MIT has a 6kW public charger listed on plugshare. Vassar St, Chargepoint, 50 cents an hour (less than I pay for electricity at home), no parking permit needed, 4-hour limit.

Did they get the transformer installed yet? Really hoping to avoid the detour to East Greenwich on Friday.

Just got back from a nice weekend in Cambridge. MIT has a 6kW public charger listed on plugshare. Vassar St, Chargepoint, 50 cents an hour (less than I pay for electricity at home), no parking permit needed, 4-hour limit.

Nope, not yet. I drive by every day. I'll post it as soon as I see it.

I used the new Sagamore supercharger twice this weekend - and it's truly for we New Englanders. 2 Mercedes stopped to ask 'how long to charge' when I unplugged ('less than to drink a dunkin donuts coffee or charge my S4') - fantastic to have that online. Can't wait for Auburn and Hartford with my son down in Loomis Chaffee. But great to have Sagamore online - there are 8 stations, adjacent to dunkin donuts and a short walk to other facilities. Great location.