Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gillette, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a few pics from last night. Sorry about quality - it was darker than it looks.

Gillette01.JPG
Gillette02.JPG
Gillette04.JPG

Indeed. It's the last piece of the puzzle for my planned trip to Yellowstone next year, so it has me kind of excited. Once Gillette is open and on EVTripPlanner, I'll begin more detailed planning.

Don't forget that the Gillette stop is the only gap today. Just plan your trip around staying overnight in Gillette and use the destination chargers.

Don't forget that the Gillette stop is the only gap today. Just plan your trip around staying overnight in Gillette and use the destination chargers.
Destination chargers + skipping Superchargers will be part of the detailed planning. I don't know if Gillette will be an ideal location for an overnight charge yet. Frankly, I'd rather have to stop at such an important "golden spike" Supercharger. My dad will be driving separate in his C-Max Energi and if he's willing to stick around while I charge, we'll travel together and I'll try to adapt the plan to where he wants to stop.

So did I. I believe the Hampton Inn in Gillette, which has the same owner, also has 80 amp HPWCs.
He put in HPWCs at the Sheridan and Buffalo properties--never heard that he got Gillette HPWCs done since he got the contract for the supercharger there.

- - - Updated - - -

Gillette is the next-to-last gap on I-90. Erie, PA will probably be the last gap; Erie has not entered the "permit" phase, yet, but is on the 2016 map.
Macedonia to Buffalo is already readily doable barring inclement weather. Sheridan to Rapid City is a challenge under the best of circumstances; so while Erie will be nice, especially for 60s, Gillette remains the golden spike in my mind.

Gillette is the next-to-last gap on I-90. Erie, PA will probably be the last gap; Erie has not entered the "permit" phase, yet, but is on the 2016 map.

Gillette will make it possible to get from Denver to Billings via Lusk using only Superchargers. I haven't understood why I-90 is a higher priority than I-10. There are more large cities on I-10. Los Angeles is the 2nd Largest city and Houston is the 3rd largest city. Phoenix is number 6 and San Antonio is number 7. There aren't any big cities between Chicago and Seattle on I-90. I was happy to use all the Superchargers in MT on I-90. I-40 also makes more sense than I-90. There is a huge gap between Dallas and Nashville.

Gillette will make it possible to get from Denver to Billings via Lusk using only Superchargers. I haven't understood why I-90 is a higher priority than I-10. There are more large cities on I-10. Los Angeles is the 2nd Largest city and Houston is the 3rd largest city. Phoenix is number 6 and San Antonio is number 7. There aren't any big cities between Chicago and Seattle on I-90. I was happy to use all the Superchargers in MT on I-90. I-40 also makes more sense than I-90. There is a huge gap between Dallas and Nashville.

Might have been relatively easy to do I-90.

If you look at a map of the U.S. electrical grid, there's a very large gap in the network between San Antonio and El Paso. I don't know whether that is the issue, but I can imagine that it might be...

http://www.geni.org/globalenergy/li...america/americannationalelectricitygrid.shtml

If you look at a map of the U.S. electrical grid, there's a very large gap in the network between San Antonio and El Paso. I don't know whether that is the issue, but I can imagine that it might be...

http://www.geni.org/globalenergy/li...america/americannationalelectricitygrid.shtml

There are cities along the I-10 corridor in west Texas, so I don't think electricity is the problem. I understand there is relatively little traffic on that stretch, however, so that might be why it has been lower priority so far.