Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to them again Monday afternoon and they said their company has bids in for Las Vegas and Denton, TX, but we didn't discuss any other locations. He did say that they have built SC's in other states, and the contract decisions are a complicated process with Tesla. The award for LV is expected this week.

I suspect that they need to sign the contractor before they can finalize the building permit. That could explain why the Denton, TX building permit has been in suspended animation for so long.

Swung by the Albuquerque SC site today in the Applebee's parking lot. Nobody actually working, though a worker's radio was on alongside one of the trenches. Not much seemed changed since the previous set of photos earlier in this thread. The workers were all sitting in their pickup trucks when I took the picture below, around 11am.

Hopefully this site will be up and running by end of month!

abq-tesla-20150508.png

Wow! How do they do that tricky excavation in zero gravity? I guess it's easy if you're a space cadet!

We can do a lot of things out here in the wilds of New Mexico...zero G excavation is not one of them! :biggrin:

But if Space X keeps going like it has been, I might get to check out excavation on Mars! No zero G on the Martian surface, but a lot less than earth gravity! Would be fun to try it out! Can't wait!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431377396.607593.jpg

I'm staying at the HI Express adjacent. Here's a view of the parking lot from my room - you can them working in the top right.

Sheraton was very nice in allowing me to use their HOWC last night while my dad and I ate dinner. Car us now happily parked in his garage getting a slow charge.

More progress being made on the Albuquerque Supercharger. I spoke with a member of the construction crew, and it looks like there is a good chance that it will be up and operating in time for Memorial Day Weekend.

abq_sc_2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

On a separate and less positive note, I was told that it isn't likely that the Trinidad, Colorado station will begin construction until August.

Progress Report

Concrete work complete.

Even with persistent light rain showers crew managed to finish concrete on schedule. Super workers! So professional! Very polite even at about 5:30pm on a Friday in the drizzle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 653
Stopped by the site this morning. Full crew busy working on stuff. Chatted with two of the crew. One of 'em said the site would be done by end of week, or worst case next week. Not sure that means available for charging -- I doubt it. But things are busy there. The transformer is installed, but it seems like they're missing the actual Tesla charging units, the big white boxes. Note how the concrete area is poured, and lots of supports and conduits, but the Tesla hardware isn't in yet. I'm guessing it will be very shortly.

They said they're gonna bid on "anything within 300 miles" so that includes Las Vegas NM (they said, looks like August for that) and Trinidad, CO.

abq-1.png

abq-2.png

Wow! Aloha and Mahalo @Polly Wog! So nice to receive such kind words!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but life suddenly got in the way of more important matters...like Tesla! But house plumbing is fixed now so I can get back to reporting!

Love all the interest in the new Super Charger here. I'm sure Albuquerque will be a good location for Tesla...especially if the state lets Tesla have direct car sales...sigh... Wonderful to see all the great reports. Sometimes I rush home with new pictures only find someone else (like you @Pollly Wog!) has just posted! Very fun to be scooped!

We all make a great team! Can't wait to see what develops here in the future!