Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop the Press! Tesla announces REAL HP numbers for P85D and P90L

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I'm certainly not making any "suggestion" nor recommendation that you be blacklisted.

Just saying that myself, and perhaps even others, I don't know, would not be completely shocked if you were.

But even if I were "suggesting" that they do such, and I am not by the way; what they do, is their prerogative. I've not tried yet, but I don't believe that they operate on my particular suggestions nor at my whim.

If I thought that they did, well then instead of "suggesting" anything else, I'd "suggest" that they give me a Model X, with Ludicrous, free of charge to go along with my P85D

However I am amazed, that you seem to think that prefacing a potentially libelous remark with "may be" or "hypothetically" somehow excuses it.

It doesn't.

And BTW, if I don't have a P85D, well then why am I ordering this:

Order confirmation for order #xxxxx

Thank you for placing your order with Tesla Accessories and Charging Adapters. This email is to confirm your recent purchase......

.......1x LUDICROUS MODE ONLY (P85D) - PRE ORDER DEPOSIT for $ 500.00 each

All items : $ 500.00 USD
Tax : $ 0.00 USD
Shipping : $ 0.00 USD
Total : $ 500.00 USD

For information about delivery times or returns, please see our Help page at .........

Sincerely,

Tesla Motors Customer Support

Those of you who have put down your deposits for the Ludicrous upgrade, take a look at your invoices and see if the above looks familiar.

Isn't that $500.00- non refundable?

Hopefully that's that last of the talk about my not owning a P85D.

Last edited:
The only reference I found, and I didn't dig deep, was on their website for the SLS electric where they claim 552 KW. I was just wondering how it is know that their battery can't provide that output? i.e. if we know they're using the same 18650 cells or similar, then the cell level fuses should be enough to know that they couldn't achieve the claimed battery output.

The snap shot below includes claimed "electric load potential OF 600kW. There are more than one piece of data suggesting that the battery can't provide rated motor power at the time required by the motors. 1/4 mile of 12.5s for a car that is about 300lbs lighter than P85D is one.
Snap101.png

- - - Updated - - -

It is doing something different than the P85D

Electric SLS sets new Nurburgring record | Top Gear

And what is your point with pointing this out?

- - - Updated - - -

The SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive absolutely kills the P85D round the ring...

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/electric-sls-sets-new-nurburgring-record

So the power is avalible for more than the fraction of the second you falsely state.

Tesla P85D lap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dphw4km60m4

I would suggest doing some research on the subject before throwing "falsely state" in there. I don't see how what you've posted makes my claim "false". May be you could elaborate. I'll give you a hint: investigate differences in the design of two vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

You two need to get a room...

So far nearly 25% of P85D owners in Norway have now officially complained Tesla in for false advertising...:
: Klagestorm fra sinte Tesla-eiere - Elbil - VG

I.e, the fight is on in the proper channel not in this derailed thread.

It will be very interesting to see how consumer rights authorities in Norway can decide to penalize the company for using the same motor hp data (per ECE R85) that are shown on Certificate of Conformity required to register the car.

It seems that facts have a clear pro-Tesla bias...

The snap shot below includes claimed "electric load potential OF 600kW. There are more than one piece of data suggesting that the battery can't provide rated motor power at the time required by the motors. 1/4 mile of 12.5s for a car that is about 300lbs lighter than P85D is one.
View attachment 100761

..and from their actual specs rather than the "points of interest" tutorial they have:

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 10.03.34 AM.png

Which corresponds with 740 hp.

Can you provide some 1/4 mile time links? The only one I found a 1/4 mile race between the SLS AMG Black (622 hp) and the 1300 lb heavier SLS AMG Electric in which killed the 3400 lb black in the 1/4 mile despite NOT being much faster off the line. At higher speeds, the electric continues to put distance on the black. The black is speced 1/4 mile at 11.2 seconds. If the electric was only faster off the line and not obviously faster at higher speeds, I'd be willing to stipulate that it's low end torque allowing a faster launch, but at higher speeds, the maximum power(not torque) of each car are going to be at play here and and unless something was wrong with the black, the electric is putting out a lot more power after 60 MPH than the black is in order to keep on putting distance between the 1300 lb lighter car.

And why can't the battery provide the rated power? If it had the same Panasonic cells with the same cell level fuses, I'd take that as evidence by itself that it can't, but if the 18650 cells ar fuseless or something else entirely I'm just wondering how it was determined that the pack can't provide 552 KW?

BTW, I apologize in advance if the SLS Electric thing has been beaten to death. I searched but didn't find the discussions I thought I'd seen but didn't follow before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd only point to the Mercedes in demonstrating that what Tesla has done is not deceitful.

So if Mercedes would rob a bank, robbing a bank would be ok because Mercedes did it? Sorry, but your logic stinks. I cannot even express the magnitude of stink.

If they do decide to blacklist a few people over this crap, then I'm thinking that they're probably liable to get very few, if any, before they get to you. I'm thinking that if you don't end up getting blacklisted, well there's no point in anyone else trying.

Well I'm certainly not making any "suggestion" nor recommendation that you be blacklisted.

Just saying that myself, and perhaps even others, I don't know, would not be completely shocked if you were.

Really? So you think Tesla is going full mafia style? Really? They sell a 469 hp car as a 691 hp car and when customers complain that they got scammed, Tesla should blacklist them? Lol. How old are you? 15 years old? Maybe 16?

If you are older, maybe its time to lower your reality distortion field.

And please: stop seeing Tesla a quasi religious impeccable thing!

Tesla is awesome! YES!

They build awesome cars (currently the most awesome) and it is their initiative which will make the planet a better place, because ICE cars will die out like the dinosaurs.

BUT! Even Tesla can still do wrong things - like selling a 469 hp car as a 691 hp car or selling a 5-60 mph time (based on a bizarre, unkown to most of the world, standard) as a 0-60 mph time for some of their cars (but - funny thing - not for all of them).

However, in case you haven't noticed the title of this thread: "Stop the Press! Tesla announces REAL HP numbers for P85D and P90L" - they already have showed remorse - at least with the hp. We now know the real hp. Hurrah!

So why are we still discussing this? We could have let this whole issue rest.

You, P85DEE, are actually hurting Tesla by giving idiotic suggestions. Or do you think Tesla stands any chance on a global market, sellling cars with fake performance figures, bullying customers who complain, once they aren't a monopolist any more? Yeah, right now they are a monopolist... but for how much longer?

So basicly, you P85DEE, you are hurting Tesla.

It is actually Andyw2100 who is helping Tesla!

Is the goal 691hp or the performance of a 691hp?

What is "the performance of a 691 hp"? A Leopard 2 has 1500 hp and it does not even make it to 60 mph.

There is no such thing as a 691 hp performance. Horsepower is a scientific unit which a few people are trying to butcher by throwing rhetoric smoke grenates.

A vehicle has a performance which results from many factors - horsepower ist just one of the factors.

View attachment 100761

- - - Updated - - -

And what is your point with pointing this out?

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest doing some research on the subject before throwing "falsely state" in there. I don't see how what you've posted makes my claim "false". May be you could elaborate. I'll give you a hint: investigate differences in the design of two vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be very interesting to see how consumer rights authorities in Norway can decide to penalize the company for using the same motor hp data (per ECE R85) that are shown on Certificate of Conformity required to register the car.

It seems that facts have a clear pro-Tesla bias...

As sorka have shown in the video of the race between the black and the Electric that you statement IS false.

Whit regards to Norwegian consumer laws I would think it would be wise of you to NOT act as an expert like you seem to do on other subjects...

A big thanks to the person who PMed me with the latest message of support, you know who you are.

Also, a big thanks to ALL whom I have yet to thank for their support as well. I haven't forgotten, just didn't know how to use all of the features of this forum yet, and don't know how to reply to some of your messages.

Thank you so much. While I never set out to be any sort of crusader, I appreciate your kind words of support. They keep me going.

Last edited:
Okay, guys. Stop it. This whole thread has devolved into an embarrassing example of chest thumping via the internet.

But now with the pot shots (and it's definitely arguable that P85DEE didn't start it) ... it's just ridiculous.

"On behalf of other Tesla owners, I'd like to apologize to the world for the pettiness and squabbling and wallowing and downright personal remarks demonstrated throughout this thread. We are not all like this."

Last edited:
Okay, guys. Stop it. This whole thread has devolved into an embarrassing example of chest thumping via the internet.

But now with the pot shots (and it's definitely arguable that P85DEE didn't start it) ... it's just ridiculous.

"On behalf of other Tesla owners, I'd like to apologize to the world for the pettiness and squabbling and wallowing and downright personal remarks demonstrated throughout this thread. We are not all like this."

I appreciate you apologizing on my behalf Bonnie.

But I'll man up and apologize for my own behavior in that last post. In fact, I'll go further and delete it myself.

My apologies and deepest regrets for my participation and behavior in what amounts to counterproductive babble. No excuse, but I let that guy bring out the worst in me.

Again, I apologize.

Thanks for that P85DEE.

I haven't been monitoring this thread much, but from a brief skim, it doesn't seem like either side has made much progress for days. I know walking away can be seen as surrender, but might I suggest all parties take a step back? Take a break from the thread and let things simmer for a bit -- not much productive comes from such heated conversation.

Agree. This is all just very sad.

To the extent that the "chest thumping" part may have been directed at least in part towards me due to my most recent post (and I realize I may just be being over-sensitive because a post like the one I made is not in my nature to make in the first place) I do just want to say, the following in my own defense, and then I'll try to say no more on the subject. I only made that post because it had been suggested that except for purchasing my car, I did not in any way support Tesla, and I felt the need to demonstrate the inaccuracy of that statement, and to back it up with evidence. It was not intended to be taken as chest thumping. I'm sorry if it was.

Hypothetical question Gentlemen: In the event that our little case here in Denmark/Norway would end up with Tesla agreeing to compensate us say the difference between the 85D and the P85D prices minus the red stuff etc., would the "nay sayers" in this thread then graciously thank NO to receiving the same compensation?

Hypothetical question Gentlemen: In the event that our little case here in Denmark/Norway would end up with Tesla agreeing to compensate us say the difference between the 85D and the P85D prices minus the red stuff etc., would the "nay sayers" in this thread then graciously thank NO to receiving the same compensation?

In a New York second. Without hesitation. In a New York second.

I don't believe in accepting that which isn't rightfully mine.

Especially from a company which is trying to make it.

In a New York second. Without hesitation. In a New York second.

I don't believe in accepting that which isn't rightfully mine.

Especially from a company which is trying to make it.

Probably not the easiest statement to verify in practice!

My assumtion is that there will be more owners climbing down from the tree if and when a compensation is settled than the most vocal here...