Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Merc s class sales are 3x of us in China at double the price afaik

Let's be honest, noone like the S Class in the US, they have all already been converted to Tesla :D

But seriously, I think someone, somewhere ran the numbers and sales for the F segment are actually being impacted by the Model S. Or at least it would appear to be the case. The only one not significantly impacted is actually the S Class and that is because they JUST refreshed the brand (which was great timing on their part). But what sells well in the US doesn't necessarily translate to China, so we shall see. I know it will be big in China, but it is going to be tough to meet everyone's tastes unless Tesla steps it up a bit. Having the charging infrastructure is going to be necessary as well... which also seems to be holding back sales just a bit from their potential. So in a few years, I could see it growing beyond the US, but the 40/40/20 number was referencing next year's sales more than anything I think.

But number 1 or number 2, it doesn't matter, because both markets combined is great for us!

Let´s celebrate now a bit shall we ? :biggrin:

Tsla 260814.jpg

I prefer Elon's way of speaking. More thoughtful, with pauses to consider various points. Steve is a great speaker, but he definitely comes off as a salesman type.

I agree. When I first listened to EM speak I was underwhelmed. However, I have learned to appreciate his pauses that indicates he is considering the question before speaking. Then he proceeds to answer the question ver directly. Now I feel he comes off as quite genuine.

To be fair, I didn't say that I wished Elon spoke in Steve's style of speaking. I said I wished that he interviewed as well. I can't imagine that anyone would say that Elon interviews better than Steve. You can be direct and genuine and thoughtful and still handle yourself in an interview better than Elon does most times.

I agree. When I first listened to EM speak I was underwhelmed. However, I have learned to appreciate his pauses that indicates he is considering the question before speaking. Then he proceeds to answer the question ver directly. Now I feel he comes off as quite genuine.

+1

To the uninitiated, Elon is difficult to listen to... I remember watching his TED talk and being turned off from the stock initially (unfortunately!) because of the lack of certainty in his tone. It took a while to understand that it was quite the opposite, it's because he likes to measure his thoughts to be as truthful and accurate as possible, albeit a little over-optimistic on timelines.

Yes, that's true. There is more to "interviewing well" than just style of speaking. That's just one thing I picked up on as a difference and commented on it. I shouldn't have implied that was the factor you were thinking of.

Since we're on it, what characteristics does Elon display during interviews that you notice as needing improvement? Just wondering.

edit:
Sorry, this was directed towards Citizen-T. I should have quoted.

Last edited:
+1

To the uninitiated, Elon is difficult to listen to... I remember watching his TED talk and being turned off from the stock initially (unfortunately!) because of the lack of certainty in his tone. It took a while to understand that it was quite the opposite, it's because he likes to measure his thoughts to be as truthful and accurate as possible, albeit a little over-optimistic on timelines.
Yep. Elon's interviews are the best of any person I've seen due to his thoughtful insight and clarity.

+1

I agree. To an engineer's ears, listening to Elon's interviews is a breath a fresh air. He hesitates because he's thoughtful. You can almost feel the branching and pruning process going on in his head, as he evaluates all the implications of the question in parallel, and then zooms in to what is essential.

Yes, there are more articulate people out there who are also thoughtful, like Steve Jurvetson, but you can tell who is the money guy and who is the maker (not that Elon doesn't know about money...)

+1

Strangely it was the exact opposite for me. I was immediately captivated. His approach, thought process, and demeanor instantly set him apart from any other CEO I'd ever seen, and I was enthralled. It was like he was speaking my language.

And since you mentioned the topic of entering a stock position, I have to say that it was during a long distance drive that I first saw his TED interview. I was immediately hooked. It was the first Elon Musk video I'd seen. By the end of the drive I had consumed a dozen more interviews with him. When I arrived at my destination I sold all the stock I had in another tech company and split it between SCTY and TSLA. That was March 2013.

I do not argue that it was a decision with only a few hours thought behind it, and one that wasn't backed by any scrutiny of quarterly statements.

I invested in the man, and in almost 18 months since then, he has only impressed me further. Investing in Elon Musk has become an intensely personal experience for me. Keeping aside the fact that I've got more money invested in Elon Musk than I ever had in any other single stock and I sleep better at night than I ever have, but I feel connected to him and his vision in a way I've not felt as an adult.

Apologies for this turning as sappy as it did... =)

I agree. To an engineer's ears, listening to Elon's interviews is a breath a fresh air. He hesitates because he's thoughtful. You can almost feel the branching and pruning process going on in his head, as he evaluates all the implications of the question in parallel, and then zooms in to what is essential.

Yes, there are more articulate people out there who are also thoughtful, like Steve Jurvetson, but you can tell who is the money guy and who is the maker (not that Elon doesn't know about money...)

+1!!

I have no doubt the fact that I hear him as if we are having a conversation is mainly due to the fact that we are both engineers.

I agree. He has the measured tone and pacing of a scientist. You can actually see his mind at work, actually thinking about the question, its implications and his anwer. No catch phrases, pat answers or reading from a script that you hear from politicians all the time.

Strangely it was the exact opposite for me. I was immediately captivated. His approach, thought process, and demeanor instantly set him apart from any other CEO I'd ever seen, and I was enthralled. It was like he was speaking my language.

And since you mentioned the topic of entering a stock position, I have to say that it was during a long distance drive that I first saw his TED interview. I was immediately hooked. It was the first Elon Musk video I'd seen. By the end of the drive I had consumed a dozen more interviews with him. When I arrived at my destination I sold all the stock I had in another tech company and split it between SCTY and TSLA. That was March 2013.

I do not argue that it was a decision with only a few hours thought behind it, and one that wasn't backed by any scrutiny of quarterly statements.

I invested in the man, and in almost 18 months since then, he has only impressed me further. Investing in Elon Musk has become an intensely personal experience for me. Keeping aside the fact that I've got more money invested in Elon Musk than I ever had in any other single stock and I sleep better at night than I ever have, but I feel connected to him and his vision in a way I've not felt as an adult.

Apologies for this turning as sappy as it did... =)
Agree! Elon is himself a highly compelling electrifying vehicle for his ideas and ideals.
:wink:
And that is worth some money. Think about it, that's worth some money. // Paul Simon :smile: