Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many times have we seen Tesla drop in the start to go up in the end? Asia was down today, so I sold some solar at the opening while they were green to buy TSLA. I think they will all end green today, tho Solar has been on a great run lately, so a pullback obv might happen at any moment.

ahh. i hadnt had time to look at why the solars were down this morning. makes sense. time to finish getting ready. Out in the field today, so i hope to come back to land with some green on my screen. (fingers crossed)

looks like we are might be going to test 160 again

Last edited:
Well, between solar and TSLA, yesterday's incredibly good day has been completely wiped out and more in the first 2 hours today. I'm worse off than the end of Wednesday, which had been my worst day ever.
TSLA - I'm glad I closed out 4 of my 5 sets of blocks yesterday when we were in 173+ range. I'm rebuying them now that we're down to 168 again. As long as the market wants to keep TSLA volatility like this, it's the best play I feel comfortable making (repeatedly).

TSLA - I'm glad I closed out 4 of my 5 sets of blocks yesterday when we were in 173+ range. I'm rebuying them now that we're down to 168 again. As long as the market wants to keep TSLA volatility like this, it's the best play I feel comfortable making (repeatedly).
Yea, I never reached green with any of my TSLA, but I had orders to unwind a couple options I thought might get reached today given the pre-market was up a non-trivial amount. Sort of an ugly tease.

I played a lot of poker at one point and have a pretty high risk tolerance. I made money, but it was grinding and eventually not fun. Stock seems to have all of the swings of poker and none of the control :)

I played a lot of poker at one point and have a pretty high risk tolerance. I made money, but it was grinding and eventually not fun. Stock seems to have all of the swings of poker and none of the control :)
Trying to capture what I was thinking yesterday when selling (to close) some calls "into the rise":
The goal is not to maximize profit, but to maximize continuity of profit and minimize losses.
I think this somewhat captures what I was thinking when I saw "+25%" and "+48%" on some of the calls and felt compelled to sell regardless of if/how-much the market might rise today. With the afterthought: if the market sharply rises or falls tomorrow there's another immediate play to consider for more profit (buy a put or call, respectively).

And today, it fell sharply so I bought some calls.

The goal is not to maximize profit, but to maximize continuity of profit and minimize losses.
Heh, funny, I was thinking something along those lines when I put in the order to close some TSLA and one of my solar stocks that hadn't been doing well. Both poked up yesterday and looked good premarket, so I put in some sell orders that'd have them very slightly green if they got hit. I thought "Well, if this is a real turn around I'll miss out, but at this point I'm probably better just getting out even and reevaluating where to allocate".

Sadly, it dropped like a stone from the bell and never had a chance to sell.

Now look what you have done ... I was driving home planning to be online when market opens, but got a blown tire instead so spent 1.5h organizing some form of replacement (now driving one rally champions wheel as a replacement until Monday ;) )

So anyone got any clues as to what caused the selloff? Anything TSLA specific or general market news?

I'm actually rather pleased to see that this is the best the shorts, false analysts, paid shills and media plants can do to tank the stock today. So far, not really so bad. They really, really don't want Tesla to win and are starting to use more of their collective might to work against it.

Fortunately, this is desperation. It is the lashing out of an industry about to be disrupted completely. They are beginning to realize this. It would be foolish to assume they will go out quietly.

Now look what you have done ... I was driving home planning to be online when market opens, but got a blown tire instead so spent 1.5h organizing some form of replacement (now driving one rally champions wheel as a replacement until Monday ;) )

So anyone got any clues as to what caused the selloff? Anything TSLA specific or general market news?
i doubt anyone will know but
1. scare earlier this week some with weak stomachs consider it a time to escape
2. musk drawing the shorts in with his comment.
3. would have to ask whey the huge upswing yesterday suspect a pull back is natural
4. this will go up at end of day as traders cover their short bets

i doubt anyone will know but
1. scare earlier this week some with weak stomachs consider it a time to escape
2. musk drawing the shorts in with his comment.
3. would have to ask whey the huge upswing yesterday suspect a pull back is natural
4. this will go up at end of day as traders cover their short bets

My 2 cents: "Valuation call". ELon, please put this to rest on Twitter.

Flux: "I'm actually rather pleased to see that this is the best the shorts, false analysts, paid shills and media plants can do to tank the stock today. So far, not really so bad. They really, really don't want Tesla to win and are starting to use more of their collective might to work against it.

Fortunately, this is desperation. It is the lashing out of an industry about to be disrupted completely. They are beginning to realize this. It would be foolish to assume they will go out quietly. "

+1 ...and it get´s boring too. Now CNN chimes in bringing the "Stock price is higher than we deserve"-quote just a few minutes ago. How low. It starts to get embarrassing.

I've seen weakness ie. price drop before each of the Q1 and Q2 Earnings.
Whether it's shorters, profit takers, or weak longs - no matter what happened, once the earnings came out with good results the stock surged. We'll definitely see some volatility into Q3 but stay strong.

Tesla is doing big things and breaking into this industry with massive force. So day trade, buy low sell high, W/E - just make sure you get back on the Tesla Train before it takes off once again..