Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So... did my APv1 car just get shot in the head?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just waiting for the day:

"Sir, you are driving your car on the highway"... "Sir, do you know how dangerous that is"?!

Well, when I was a kid, I used to drive my car wherever the hell I wanted you young whippersnapper...

the year is 2032.

Exactly - my 2012 S has been made obsolete so many times that now I just smile and feel good for those with new features. I'm looking forward to upgrading eventually, but for now I still love actually driving my model S. :)
So you decided to bring a level-headedness into this forum? Is that a word? :)
I just gave back a 2012 loaner yesterday after driving it for 6 days. I loved it! Felt good to drive an original. The first Tesla production car turned into "car of the year" by many car mags. Great job by Tesla and they just keep improving it. But this car is more like my computer which becomes outdated in under 6 months. :(
I now have a 2 month old car with yesterdays technology :( No regrets though. I love it and will upgrade in 3 years :)

Reactions: Bilen and mark
To be clear, I'm not *exactly* complaining. More pointing out what I think is an unexpectedly soon shift away from APv1 development and optimization.

I definitely want Tesla to innovate; I am just a bit dismayed at how digital this evolutionary step seems likely to be.

Full disclosure: I haven't gotten 8.0 yet, and I'm worried at the folks who view it as a regression. If the regression is going to be the effective end of the road for my car's AP capabilities, that's pretty disappointing.