Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the 200 day moving average? I say we break through by the end of week.
Easy there! We have the 100 day SMA first. And the 50 week SMA, and the 20 week SMA. Oh, and yesterday we bounced off the daily Bollinger, which caused price declines every time since August...I hope you are right, though!
upload_2016-12-14_8-32-22.png
upload_2016-12-14_8-33-22.png

WASHINGTON, Dec 14 (Reuters) - Elon Musk, the chairman and chief executive of SpaceX and Tesla as well as Uber Technologies CEO and co-founder Travis Kalanick and PepsiCo(PEP) Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi have joined U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's advisory council, Trump's transition team said on Wednesday.

The group, which includes numerous other top business leaders, aims to give industry input on the private sector to Trump, who takes office on Jan. 20
Link? If that's true, then Elon is in a superb position to actually influence policy now, am I reading that right for an european?

I can see Elon and Trump really bonding over how much Boeing and Lockheed Martin overcharge the US government, given Trump's recent tweets regarding the exorbitant costs of the F35 and AF1 programs.

Then they can segway into jobs and bemoan how Automakers like Ford are shipping jobs to Mexico. Not Tesla.

After that, Elon could bring up the solar roof and how much the Donald could save energy at his swanky golf courses.

To be a fly on the wall...

He thinks Tesla is into too many directions from EV to energy storage to solar panels

Tesla buys a lot of batteries at high discount. If cars don't sell well they switch to battery storage and vice versa. It's called not putting all eggs in one basket. Besides, solar and batteries is needed to displace fossil fuels and cleanup our environment - a clear goal of Tesla Energy.

making all sorts of parts in house

Tesla is a leader because they innovate and design in-house. Large central console screen - in house, battery pack - in house, power wall - in house. If they built from parts available they would be just another EV wannabe at the mercy of suppliers and auto industry.

He said Tesla had many more times the number of employees as GM and makes many more time less vehicles

Tesla is growing exponentially, things change fast. I suspect he visited Fremont when they were making Model S long time ago. Tesla employee was proud of the production line based on where Tesla have been and what they achieved in short period of time.

If you go there you will see all dark hair (meaning young) employees which is good in a way but there is still a need for grey hair (experienced) people he says

Union talk.

Gigafactory is a very expensive project building a very old battery found in laptops.

So one part that Tesla is not innovating or making in-house and he has a problem with! :D Of course, it's not even true since packaging and chemistry is Tesla's and Panasonic makes the best quality batteries.

China will underprice Tesla in the future

Majority opt for safety and reliability over price. Remember Chinese made capacitors?

He doesn’t think a company like a Google will be beat and Google doesn’t have to spend the Cap Ex on building cars when it can partner up and have another company build it.

As it stands, Tesla offers autonomous technology that is well integrated and does not cost more than the car itself. Radar tech is also one of the kind.

-snip

NEW YORK — President-elect Donald Trump added three more executives to his list of outside corporate advisers, including Elon Musk, the founder of SpaceX and Tesla, who once said Trump didn't belong in the White House.

In a release Wednesday morning, the president-elect also added Travis Kalanick, CEO of Uber, and Indra Nooyi, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo, to his Strategic and Policy Forum, his previously announced group of business leaders who will advise the new administration on economic issues.

Trump adds Elon Musk, Uber and PepsiCo CEOs to economic advisory

Rick Perry isn't a decorated scientist, but an able administrator and an astute politician. A couple of years ago, he was courting Elon to setup Gigafactory in Texas. Rick isn't a knucklehead as you portray him. More importantly, the new administration is far more receptive and friendly to Elon than you think.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry tries to woo Tesla in Sacramento
He did however campaign in the promise to shut down the agency he has now been tapped to run. So. Yeah.

Also, that position has traditional been reserved for scientists for a reason.

• Helpful
Reactions: Intl Professor
Im trying my best to be optimistic. As an oil exec hes beholden to the company. As Secretary of State his awareness of the heavy weight oil dependence plays on national security and no longer being beholden to an oil institution maybe hell be more progressive due to him being aware of whats up. I can dream can't I?

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/bill-gates-says-trumps-ideas-are-like-the-apollo-space-1790055394

This has been happening way to often with gore, Leo, etc. even Obama has made some surprisingly positive comments. I think trump privately has got to have a totally different persona than in public

I think Rex Tillerson is more of a goestrategically move from Trump. I never understood why the US was antagonizing against Russia and in the process tie them to China, the US biggest geopolitical rival

Interesting piece from the guardian
'Friends forever'? China wary of Rex Tillerson wooing away Russia

Denmark may come back as a market: After the phase out of the tax incentives for EVs last year, the electric car market collapsed. Now they are discussing on what can be done to stop the phase out of tax incentives:

Kun 1.000 solgte elbiler udløser krisemøde på Christiansborg

(sorry for Danish link)
The Danes have their work cut out for them, trying to figure out how to keep their financial house somewhat in order. At all rates, the GoogleTranslate version of this line, mentioning how the Norwegians have handled it, I found priceless:
In Norway, the bourgeois government decided to go the opposite way.

The Danes have their work cut out for them, trying to figure out how to keep their financial house somewhat in order. At all rates, the GoogleTranslate version of this line, mentioning how the Norwegians have handled it, I found priceless:

Seems thats less about google translate than about how the Dains write. The oringal line was :
I Norge har den borgerlige regering valgt at gå den modsatte vej

borgerlige - literally translating to bourgeois, although I found it also being interpreted differently other places

borgerlige - English translation - bab.la Danish-English dictionary

I fear the entity named Trump is going to be a constant in this short term TSLA price thread from here on out, for years. Not a pleasant prospect.
Yeah, and strangely on-topic for TSLA short term trading. At least until we see which direction the Orange Zephyr blows regarding TM.

My concern is that the purge will not be on the basis of 'deadwood' but rather a witch-hunt to politicize the civil service. The transition team has already asked for lists of people who took part in some projects.

And they refused to comply. They are not giving names. And good for them, it is a ridiculous idea. People work on what they are assigned to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.