Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I now have some dry powder ready, probably my last bit until after the new year. Should've pulled the trigger on Monday when the SP was still below my average cost per share (~$194). I'm having a heckuva time trying to figure out when to pull the trigger, but trying to be patient. Is this a fool's game since I'm long for at least a year, and probably 5-10 years out?

Reactions: SebastianR
... past gains, future gains ...
Hence: not investment advice, hence the ymmv, hence my big warning post earlier that people should know the risks.

Seriously: 99% of all people should just invest into a low cost ETF tracking the index of your choice. But that's a bit off-topic in a short-term TSLA forum...

borgerlige - literally translating to bourgeois, although I found it also being interpreted differently other places

borgerlige - English translation - bab.la Danish-English dictionary

Borgerlige in this case should be best translated into "conservative" or "centrist" rather than "bourgeois". At least that's the closest translation of the word. I'm not going to pronounce on if the party's policy are actually centrist/conservative or something else...

I now have some dry powder ready, probably my last bit until after the new year. Should've pulled the trigger on Monday when the SP was still below my average cost per share (~$194). I'm having a heckuva time trying to figure out when to pull the trigger, but trying to be patient. Is this a fool's game since I'm long for at least a year, and probably 5-10 years out?

When Tesla is able to execute (solar roof, model 3, powerwalls and -packs) I suspect we will be quite higher at the end of 2017, I stay long.

• Helpful
Reactions: Drax7
Holy crap this is good news for TSLA. No way Orange doesn't come out of that meeting saying something positive about Musk. I don't hold any faith that he will remember or anything substantial will come out of it, but sentiment is everything here.

I think Elon will convince Trump that an universal basic income is necessary and so is NIH funding for a neural lace

When Tesla is able to execute (solar roof, model 3, powerwalls and -packs) I suspect we will be quite higher at the end of 2017, I stay long.

For those of us thinking/planning (hoping) to use Tesla stock to fund our Model 3 purchases, it's nice that we'll likely have a significant bump in the SP before we have to put down our money. Since I'm not going to max out on options, Tesla will have already produced the employee and highly-optioned orders. By that time (barring significant problems/complaints with the car), the Model 3 and Tesla Energy will likely be deemed successes by the market, and hopefully the solar roof as well. The timing of all those catalysts couldn't be better.

Last edited:
I imagine Trump will tweet SOMETHING shortly after meetings today. I have to admit, never been happy (I dont see how it could be bad) hes a twitter addict.

Right. just "Had a great meeting with Elon and Tim today. Great leaders!" or something trumpishly benign would take some weight off the stock. As pointed out upthread CA based Tesla could become a target, or ally. We have been on a knife's edge since the election.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Status
Not open for further replies.