Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of the groping allegations and borderline racist stuff, but I've always had the impression Trump would be more reasonable and pragmatic that people expected. A private meeting with Musk is a very good sign.

As Papafox might say - Today may be the last day TSLA ever trades below 200

I'm not a fan of the groping allegations and borderline racist stuff, but I've always had the impression Trump would be more reasonable and pragmatic that people expected. A private meeting with Musk is a very good sign.

The daily jinx :/
272.gif

Right. just "Had a great meeting with Elon and Tim today. Great leaders!" or something trumpishly benign would take some weight off the stock. As pointed out upthread CA based Tesla could become a target, or ally. We have been on a knife's edge since the election.
Because having positive earnings per share, building and selling expensive cars, increasing volumes YOY, and vertical integration with solar and manufacturing are apparently not enough to impress Mr Market...

Mod Input:
The next one who rises to respond to the bait of that ridiculous - and prime example of Fake News - mention of "Fired Military Leaders" will cause all such posts to be deleted (as I ought to have done anyway), but also will be banned for some indeterminate period.
Get off this forum and perform your own internet searches - but it is not within the purview of TMC.

Lack of transparency and partisan politics got us where we are. 'Running government like business' means nothing positive if you don't qualify what are the long term goals of such business and define acceptable risks and costs to society. After-all mafia or a drug cartel run a business too.

I doubt you've worked in a government agency. While partisan politics and lack of transparency have always been endemic to government, it's the absurd expansion of the bureaucratic Federal institutions and the preservation of redundant and unnecessary positions and retention of incompetent employees that have led to appalling cost overruns and a frustrating inability to rein in budgets or downsize units. Mafias and drug cartels are run much more efficiently. They are modeled more on the private sector. Of course their method of "firing" incompetent employees usually runs afoul of the law. :p

Elon Musk, Travis Kalanick named to Trump's business advisory team

Kalanick, who once said he’d move to China if Trump won, is not expected to be at today’s meeting because he is traveling. But San Francisco-based Uber praised Trump’s choice to lead the transportation department, Elaine Chao. She is regulation-averse and has said positive things about the gig economy. Vanity Fair describes Chao as a “a longtime adversary of labor unions and workers’-rights groups.” Among Uber’s major obstacles are government regulations, and its classification of drivers as contractors, not employees.

Reasonable and pragmatic for the extremely wealthy?

I don't know... I'd be happy with a 100:1 split that takes it down to $190 again, in a couple of years...

Hold on... by "join", do they mean they are attending the same meeting as the transition team? I.e. "would you join me for lunch", doesn't mean you will become part of me.

Found an article stating that yes he is indeed ON the team.
Elon Musk, Travis Kalanick named to Trump's business advisory team
Outstanding!! Congrats fellow longs. Much better outcome than "musk declines invite to whitehouse"

Trump officials said Musk and Kalanick “will meet with the president frequently” as part of the Strategic and Policy Forum, according to the Washington Post. The original list started off with 16 business leaders on it, with IBM CEO Ginni Rometty being the only one from the tech sector.

Reactions: Papafox
BBC report in Peter T: Who is Peter Thiel and why is he advising Donald Trump? - BBC News

"Bosses of big US technology firms will meet the president-elect at Trump Tower today. Many of the chief execs were persuaded to attend by billionaire investor Peter Thiel, who has become Mr Trump's go-to man when it comes to technology. But how did he go from tech investor to key Trump adviser?"

Travis Kalanick, the chief executive of Uber, and Elon Musk, the chief executive of Tesla, will “meet with the president frequently” and offer their expertise to Trump as part of his Strategic and Policy Forum, Trump officials said
Elon Musk and the chief executive of Uber are now advising Donald Trump

"meet with president frequently" is bullish. From Trump's perspective Musk would be a good person to collaborate with as he is a business/tech celeb with a strong following. Musk is on track to do some pretty cool things over the next 4 years with tesla and spacex, Trump probably would like to associate his public persona with this.

Does anything think today's run-up is due to "buy the rumor, sell the news" behavior?

Always possible. But if the result of the meeting is anything other than Musk making an enemy in the white house, then result will be seen as a "positive meeting". Which means a huge doubt monkey will be off TSLA's shoulders. There is also a really decent chance Trump will see Elon's companies as shining role models, which they are of course, and say as much. I am hugely bullish on this development.

To be clear, I am no fan of Trump and think nothing substantive will come of it. But this has the power to de-politicize Tesla Motors, if just for a little while. In terms of short term trading, tactically, I think this is a tradeable moment.

Musk on the Trump advising board does not bode well for those opposing
direct tesla sales countrywide.
Agreed, and that's a good point. Trump loves soundbites and hates China, so I think Musk should lead with "why is it easier for us to run our business in China than in the US?" Only sticking point is Trump's love affair with Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.