Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TeslaTAhumor2.jpg

A pessimist's T.A. of Tesla (humor)

Wake up guys, it is not Christmas yet. The stock market is still open and will be open tomorrow (half day). TSLA was above $146 already today and then took a straight vertical plunge because Ohio Dealers are suing Tesla:

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/ohio-car-dealers-sue-block-tesla-selling-cars-150533807.html

"In the suit, the dealers claim that Tesla hasn't provided a copy of its contract with the manufacturer of the vehicles that it is selling.
Although the manufacturer and the seller are under the same entity, the Ohio dealer groups say Tesla still needs to provide this form of documentation.
The dealers claim that Tesla can't provide proper documentation, in fact, because Ohio law requires the contract to be between two separate parties.
Tesla's vice president of regulatory affairs and associate general counsel, James Chen, told the Dispatch that the Ohio dealers' argument twists the intent of the law and is based almost entirely on procedural issues."

- - - Updated - - -

This is another frivolous lawsuit and Tesla will easily beat these guys in court. But they should not have to be going to court over these things anymore.

Obama - it is time to speak up and issue a response to our White House petition that got over 100k votes.

That lawsuit in Ohio was reported in the Columbus Dispatch and picked up by several others (including Green Car Reports) on the 18th, so it seems implausible that that's the cause of the price movement today. Some hiccough probably to do with program trading and people cleaning out their portfolios for tax purposes.

Well some ot the news did not get picked up on until today at 10am; Here is theflyonthewall a little late as always (referencing your link):

http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perm...o-over-direct-sales-Columbus-Dispatch-reports

The stock went vertically down as soon as the news started spreading (maybe due to CNBC interview with Tesla and Dealers lawyers). I really don't know, but the timing of new articles today coincides with the straight vertical drop followed by another straight vertical drop moments later.

I was staring at the TSLA screen when these drops happened and they are not normal drops, but were clearly due to some news, rumor, etc. I wasn't watching CNBC at the time but they posted new videos on this subject:

https://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000230085

https://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000230359

Low volume on these drops leads me to believe that something happened that market makers started lowering the price quickly without any high volume selling.

Last edited:
what suprise me that stock not going up when market is at very very high (economy on high based 3rd Q earnings and 4th one will be good based on consumer spending etc)

I am not surprised one bit. It has been trading over the past three weeks exactly as I thought it would trade. We really need a catalyst (one way or the other) to move this stock. No reason for it to go above $160 or below $120 at this time.

TSLA is getting squeezed by the 20 day MA and 50 day MA as they converge together.

Obama - it is time to speak up and issue a response to our White House petition that got over 100k votes.

The petition to the White House requesting intervention to prevent states from interfering with Tesla’s direct-to-consumer business model reached its goal of 100,000 signatures nearly six months ago. No response has emerged. I suspect that the problem is that the petition was worded too specifically for a single company: Tesla Motors. Below is text for a new petition that I may submit to the White House, if TMC members approve.

American manufacturers should not be forced by state laws to sell and service their products through local dealers, unless they already have contracts to do so. Let consumers decide whether to deal with a company whose twenty-first century business model may include direct delivery following an online request for a made-to-order product. State prohibition of direct dealings with consumers appears contrary to the letter and spirit of the interstate commerce clause within the United States Constitution. With most industries the states do not interfere, yet there is a notable exception made by some states regarding automobile manufacturers. We ask that federal agencies actively work to ensure that states do not forbid interstate business models adapted to modern consumer friendly realities.

American manufacturers should not be forced by state laws to sell and service their products through local dealers, unless they already have contracts to do so. Let consumers decide whether to deal with a company whose twenty-first century business model may include direct delivery following an online request for a made-to-order product. State prohibition of direct dealings with consumers appears contrary to the letter and spirit of the interstate commerce clause within the United States Constitution. With most industries the states do not interfere, yet there is a notable exception made by some states regarding automobile manufacturers. We ask that federal agencies actively work to ensure that states do not forbid interstate business models adapted to modern consumer friendly realities.

Sounds great!! Please create it..

The petition to the White House requesting intervention to prevent states from interfering with Tesla’s direct-to-consumer business model reached its goal of 100,000 signatures nearly six months ago. No response has emerged. I suspect that the problem is that the petition was worded too specifically for a single company: Tesla Motors. Below is text for a new petition that I may submit to the White House, if TMC members approve.

Good thought. It might indeed be a problem in naming a specific company. I'd sign the proposed by Curt

Well some ot the news did not get picked up on until today at 10am; Here is theflyonthewall a little late as always (referencing your link):

http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perm...o-over-direct-sales-Columbus-Dispatch-reports

The stock went vertically down as soon as the news started spreading (maybe due to CNBC interview with Tesla and Dealers lawyers). I really don't know, but the timing of new articles today coincides with the straight vertical drop followed by another straight vertical drop moments later.

I was staring at the TSLA screen when these drops happened and they are not normal drops, but were clearly due to some news, rumor, etc. I wasn't watching CNBC at the time but they posted new videos on this subject:

https://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000230085

https://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000230359

Low volume on these drops leads me to believe that something happened that market makers started lowering the price quickly without any high volume selling.

machines reading headlines and low volume led to these drops. Those videos are honestly so sad from the dealer's perspective... they can't provide a single good reason why they should continue to exist; all they can do is say "we have employees" and "it's the law"

here's a cnbc article with reader comments as well... pretty much everyone except the dealers agree on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.