Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys see that Elon just bought Gene Wilder's long-time home?

Elon Musk Buys Gene Wilder's Former House In Bel Air For $6.75 Million (PHOTOS)

This is actually a bearish indicator.

When a CEO buys a new mansion, it is a sign that they are getting complacent and that is when stocks start to reverse.

I know this is not the case with Elon Musk, but I am talking about general research on this topic. When a CEO buys a new house it is time to sell.

Of course I am not selling TSLA today.

This is actually a bearish indicator.

When a CEO buys a new mansion, it is a sign that they are getting complacent and that is when stocks start to reverse.

I know this is not the case with Elon Musk, but I am talking about general research on this topic. When a CEO buys a new house it is time to sell.

Of course I am not selling TSLA today.

In Elon's case, looks like he bought this mini-mansion so that he could raze it to the ground and improve his views from his massive mansion across the way.

Haha. BMW's revenue is down because of increased "competition" and investments in "technology". Hahahaha!

BMW profit up on lower taxes but revenue slips - MarketWatch

You know, I was thinking the other day that the first company of the Big 3 German luxury makers that fully embraces Tesla Motors' dominance of the next decade will be the only one that survives. BMW is not looking like they are that company. So far, it's looking like Daimler AG's bet on (and stake in) Tesla Motors could propel it to wipe the floor with its competition down the road. Time will tell, won't it? Always does.

- - - Updated - - -

In Elon's case, looks like he bought this mini-mansion so that he could raze it to the ground and improve his views from his massive mansion across the way.

Sleepy, I love you man but bearish indicator? You must not have a wife and kids yet!

Unlike his fictional Iron Man counterpart, Elon is actually family man who cares about more than the company and that's a GOOD thing. I mean the guy engineered a funky backseat to fit his pack of kids in the Model S. Plus, one does what one has to to keep the Mrs. happy when one is out saving the world until the wee hours. :)

The premarket spiked up after the cnbc's front page article was posted, titled "Expectations accelerate for Tesla Q3 Earnings", where it mentions that some expect 6,000+ cars delivered in Q3... Are expectations too high now? My account isn't complaining, but I'm afraid there may not be the big pop after the earnings call as I was hoping for. On the other hand, in the caption of the Beijing store opening photo, it mentions that Tesla is expecting to deliver 40,000 vehicles in 2014. If this is mentioned in the earnings call, that would be awesome!

Sleepy, I love you man but bearish indicator? You must not have a wife and kids yet!

Unlike his fictional Iron Man counterpart, Elon is actually family man who cares about more than the company and that's a GOOD thing. I mean the guy engineered a funky backseat to fit his pack of kids in the Model S. Plus, one does what one has to to keep the Mrs. happy when one is out saving the world until the wee hours. :)

Read my whole post again.

There is research that proves that when a CEO buys a mansion, the stocks tends to tank afterwards and it is a good time to sell.

I am not talking about Elon or TSLA, but about stocks and companies in general.

Just wanted to share this interesting research with you guys.

I did not mean to say this is bearish for TSLA, but that it is a bearish indicator as a general rule based on research.

Wow - according to my screen, someone just now (X:48am) just got a helluva deal - $174.24 when the bid/ask is at 179.03/179.28. Wonder how many shares were involved - I can't see those data.

Or maybe the bid/ask is wrong, and the early euphoria has worn off.

This morning's tanking does not surprise me anymore. As predicted, anybody can get in cheap now and probably until the end of the day. It was a good drop that TSLA was in from $180s to down to $175 now. As for the CEOs buying homes and stocks do bad, Facebook can relate to that speculation. FB did bad after earning. But then again, it's just coincidence to me. I think there's no science behind it though.

Last edited:
Wow - according to my screen, someone just now (X:48am) just got a helluva deal - $174.24 when the bid/ask is at 179.03/179.28. Wonder how many shares were involved - I can't see those data.

Or maybe the bid/ask is wrong, and the early euphoria has worn off.

I saw that transaction and wondered how such a purchase well below "Market" occurred. Any enlightenment is appreciated.

I saw that transaction and wondered how such a purchase well below "Market" occurred. Any enlightenment is appreciated.

From what I know pre-market and after-hours there is no such thing as market order. You have to put in limit orders and as there is usually low volume and huge bid/ask bracket there may happen interesting things. Then again, if there was a bid/ask bracket, then such a low price would be odd... And I think in my brokerage account there is a rule that I could ask for refund for substantially lower than market price sell.

Market was expecting this:
Data at 10 a.m. New York time may show the Institute for Supply Management’s non-manufacturing index fell to 54 last month from 54.4 in September, economists predicted in a Bloomberg survey.

Instead it was 56.4%. Market rebounding

Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in October for the fifth consecutive month, and the overall economy grew for the 53rd consecutive month, say the nation's supply executives in the latest Manufacturing ISM Report On Business[SUP]®[/SUP].

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/11/05/options-traders-look-for-big-moves-from-tesla/

"And the largest-single trade was the purchase of 1,925 weekly $230 call options. That secures the right to buy 192,500 shares of Tesla for $230 each–or 31% above Monday’s price and 19% above the prior record."

I don't know if I should be excited or terrified. Probably both.

Scary stuff......

The percent of shares out on loan to short sellers stood at about 11% Monday, according to Markit
How do they get this data?

Status
Not open for further replies.