Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel we are set up for a nice run back to ATH territory. Wishing and hoping more than reading any charts.

I feel this way because I wouldn't bet against Elon. He's not a sandbagger, but he has a strong sense for the markets. He was saying 'Tsunami of hurt for the shorts' when there was doubt about Tesla's viability and he needed to show confidence, even brashness. The 5-part trilogy came when the first profit was announced and things were accelerating - he built on momentum. The secondary offering, and his $100M purchase, solidified the financial base for several years when that was the focus. Now I wouldn't be surprised, if after saying a couple times recently that the share price is higher than Tesla has a right to expect, he comes out after announcing some great Q3 numbers and Q4/2014 guidance and says in passing while answering some random question at the ER call, "I guess these numbers are better than we have any right to expect." Or that "the production constraints have been removed to meet demand, I wonder if the share price constraints will loosen up now too". Blast off.

He has this Willy Wonka quality about him where you know he's always thinking three steps ahead of everyone else, and he's curious who is intelligent enough to see what he sees. He's doing it again, or still, and there's no reason to think that story changes for the foreseeable future.

Cattle dog, I feel the same way. This past month, the volatility has certainly been to the downside which we have not been used to...but, Q3 earnings and future guidance should be good which hopefully will help change the momentum to the positive side!

very Low morning Volume (I guess we still have an hour and a half). I hope the stock settles back in so i can grab up my last few options at a decent price. Sadly i am on the road today so i have to guess at the bottom and hope i get it. I am in Chicago all week working with the Chicago PD

Curious to see if tomorrow's potentially great ER sets the top of the quasi channel we are in today.........

tsla 11.4.13.png

looks like the money is coming out of FB and jumping into Tesla today.

Works for me.

It looks like we broke through the $167.3 resistance and it's now acting as support. It's getting tested again so let's hope it holds throughout the day. We've got to get above the moving averages and I think that'd be a nice move to start a stronger move upwards on earnings.

I got carried away by the enthusiasm and added a little meat to the fire (now that solar payed off and I have some cash to loose)...... A pretty conservative play.... but it lowers my profit point a little bit since I still have a lot of what (now) seem like pretty crazy bull plays (bought before/during the meltdown).

anything <170$ in the big scheme of things is still a good price IMO...we'll see..... as usual, in hindsight buying today will either be the worst mistake or the biggest no-brainer in TSLA history....

Status
Not open for further replies.