Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back into TSLA in the mid-150s last week. Though I wasn't expecting the rocket we're seeing now, I have to admit that it is a welcome surprise the day before earnings.

Based off today's price action, I expect TSLA to finish below 170, say around 168. Tomorrow will be tricky however. Originally, I was thinking that being around 180 before earnings would be a bad thing as being at 180+ could be seen as having earnings expectations priced in and any "miss" interpreted by the street would spark a bloodbath. However, reports of Tesla ramping up production surfaced over the weekend and now that it's being discussed here and if Tesla features the ramp up during the conference call and actually guides higher, being in the 180s should be no issue.

I do expect to see some selling off/profit taking throughout the day tomorrow prior to earnings. If we do see TSLA rocketing tomorrow, a part of me is still a little weary of the price action after hours and we might get AAPL'd no matter how good earnings is. But since we're getting indications of possibly higher guidance, we'll be just fine this time Wednesday.

Says the proper price for me right now. I think it fluctuates as I've seen the N/A too at times.

Yahoo has a front-end that routes to numerous back-ends. Every now and then one of those back-end servers will choke and either not be able to get the stock quotes or something else will go wrong (eg. I keep my portfolio there for research purposes, and the server won't be able to find my portfolio). A "reload" will, with high probability, fix it. Google does a smarter thing, they send search queries to multiple machines, and check that they all return the same answers; if any one doesn't, they know it needs a reboot.

Yahoo has a front-end that routes to numerous back-ends. Every now and then one of those back-end servers will choke and either not be able to get the stock quotes or something else will go wrong (eg. I keep my portfolio there for research purposes, and the server won't be able to find my portfolio). A "reload" will, with high probability, fix it. Google does a smarter thing, they send search queries to multiple machines, and check that they all return the same answers; if any one doesn't, they know it needs a reboot.
Sounds like a certain, eh HEM, healthcare web site.
Wish the market would just CLOSE now and leave us all on a high.
Ok, I'm off topic. :)

Wonder why there is resistance at 171? Not yet at the 50day (173), not a round number (would have been 170). Shows the limit of TA I suppose.

Big blue channel and the 20day:

jnPUfnxc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.