Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shamrock Supercharger Offline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had a couple of issues, but they were always just with one stall. Changing stalls provided a charge. I've used SCs about 100 times over 25 different SCs.

That's good to hear. You can imagine my surprise when I saw all the stalls blink out (and then do so repeatedly)! I won't repeat the words that may possibly have come out of my mouth.. I'm happy with the way Tesla handled the situation, though. But I really would love to see them improve how they communicate the status of individual Superchargers, especially from within the car.

Shamrock's is truly at the end of the road. When I was there, there last, there was no phone, cable or Internet by landline or cellular (and we had AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile). We paid cash for dinner and got out of town.

I am planning to go through there next summer in my MX en route to Abilene, unless for some reason I-10 is lit up by then. Looking forward to the solitude! :wink:

That's the first Supercharger I've ever had any issues with. Hopefully I can now have a long run of Supercharger visits without further drama! :D

I drove the same route in July, Shamrock was fine, but Weatherford OK was down. This was before OKC was online, and I didn't have enough remaining charge to make Ardmore. Tesla offered to flatbed us to Ardmore, but I elected to try our new Chademo adapter in OKC instead.

I would have charged more in Shamrock, had I known Weatherford was down.

IMO, it is essential that we have an app in the car that shows the charger status (up / down) and occupancy level. If the SC is down, we need to seek other options. Once you hit 50% occupancy you can anticipate slower charging since you are sharing the charge circuit. If occupancy is much higher then than you can anticipate a possible wait time until a stall is open.

Last edited:
IMO, it is essential that we have an app in the car that shows the charger status (up / down) and occupancy level. If the SC is down, we need to seek other options. Once you hit 50% occupancy you can anticipate slower charging since you are sharing the charge circuit. If occupancy is much higher than than you can anticipate a possible wait time until a stall is open.

Agreed 100%.

I am planning to go through there next summer in my MX en route to Abilene, unless for some reason I-10 is lit up by then. Looking forward to the solitude! :wink:

If you're there in the daytime, you might not want to count on too much solitude. The U Drop Inn where the superchargers are located is a world-famous landmark for people traveling Route 66. It was copied nearly verbatim for the Pixar movie Cars, and then again in real life as part of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure. During the busy summer season there are people from all over the world stopping there all day long on their Route 66 road trips. :)

If you're there in the daytime, you might not want to count on too much solitude. The U Drop Inn where the superchargers are located is a world-famous landmark for people traveling Route 66

Very cool - I was unaware. Looked at photos and yes, indeed it looks familiar. I suppose if I-10 and I-20 aren't built out by next summer, I'll get to enjoy checking it out.

Thanks for the heads up!

If you're there in the daytime, you might not want to count on too much solitude. The U Drop Inn where the superchargers are located is a world-famous landmark for people traveling Route 66. It was copied nearly verbatim for the Pixar movie Cars, and then again in real life as part of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure. During the busy summer season there are people from all over the world stopping there all day long on their Route 66 road trips. :)

The staff that run the gift shop are very nice. And having grown up in Texas, I can attest to the fact that it is probably the only gift shop where you can not find a single Texas shaped tchotchke.