Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like you do like to b*tch. Tesla is doing the most innovative driving/vehicle advancements in the industry. You all sound like children. It’s like the more Tesla offers the more everyone asks for. Tesla is the best and will get better. Takes time.

But Mooooommmmmmm I want full self driving AND a Hyperloop!

I wish they'd add remote functionality as well as keeping-on for the window heaters/windshield blowers.

It is hard to escape the feel of a California car on a cold winter's morning when the windshield blowers turn off when the driver leaves the car to clear the windows from the outside...

Will have to see if the new camper more helps any there.
Have you submitted a request?

Side note: Did you know that a popular winter ski destination for folks in the Bay Area is Lake Tahoe ? Much of the winter months, I-80 to Lake Tahoe (and also to Reno/Gigafactory) is 'chains only'. I think people think of palm trees and only palm trees when they think of California.

Just google 'i80 Donner Pass winter'. (Plenty of other treacherous winter conditions, but Donner Pass is one that most people that work at Tesla will be very familiar with - either from heading to the Gigafactory or weekend ski trips.)

California is not just warm balmy weather. Honest.

Have you submitted a request?

Side note: Did you know that a popular winter ski destination for folks in the Bay Area is Lake Tahoe ? Much of the winter months, I-80 to Lake Tahoe (and also to Reno/Gigafactory) is 'chains only'. I think people think of palm trees and only palm trees when they think of California.

Just google 'i80 Donner Pass winter'. (Plenty of other treacherous winter conditions, but Donner Pass is one that most people that work at Tesla will be very familiar with - either from heading to the Gigafactory or weekend ski trips.)

California is not just warm balmy weather. Honest.
@AnxietyRanger, if you go to the Donner Pass, pack lot's and lot's of food.

We are due for a 9.0 major release this month as indicated by patterns of past release dates. Give it another week till the end of the month. I’m sure sometime this week it will happen.
I think Tesla is too young to have a pattern.
The Model 3 ramp up is certainly not part of any pattern, and would be quite disruptive to other projects.

As far as “promises” go mentioned many times through this thread. Come on. Promises? You all sound like children. It’s like the more Tesla offers the more everyone asks for.

No, we aren’t children. We are a community who have invest a pretty considerable amount in a company’s Promises. Which aren’t being delivered. We aren’t asking for more when they offer something. We are asking for the *sugar* that they told us we’d have by now. Take that name calling elsewhere. This thread is here to discuss a few downsides to a great company and car. Don’t hide yourself from the truth and don’t tell people how to act.

Tesla is represented by people who insist on convincing people these features are oh so close to release, and yet they seem more like lies and soliciting than anything else.

Tesla wants to tackle GM and VW, they better start delivering on promises, or owning up. Because S/X people are understanding, but once those common folk Model 3 adopters are here, they are going to want the true replacement for their common vehicle’s reliability and consistency. It’s going to spell trouble and Tesla absolutely has to grow up and set details and features in stone and not in Twitter.

• Helpful
Reactions: vdiv and TaoJones
Okay yes, technically we got an update with the Camper mode release, but seriously. I was TOLD self driving woulda been here months ago, AP2 wouldn’t be AP0.5 anymore, and general patterns show we get updates in mid September/ October.

Well I hate to be the one to bitch about it, but we have none of that, as well as we have no explanation. I’ll be the one to say also, that I wouldn’t be as pissed about it if Elon or a Tesla rep would just get us back into the loop. I really just wanna hear if they still remember that they also still support the Model S and X. Because it sure as hell doesn’t seem so.

Camper mode is cool. Well... neat...

But that wasn’t the annual update we wanted. It’s a fun toy that ~1% of us will use within the next month. But really. I would rather have the pretty little pictures of motorcycles and pedestrians like AP1 has had. WHY. Where are our actual components that make our car a Tesla and not a new Kia or fancy German vehicle. (Other than EVs).

I mean I hate to bitch, but I don’t know how many of you have seen BMW’s parkassist or whatever, but that system is 5 years ahead of what we have. AND Elon even went and made an outlandish comment about how ‘It’s distracting... but we could put it on the release software’

Okay, my response would be; our cars drive themselves more than most others in the world, and I’ll admit some people only use than as an ENCOURAGEMENT for distracted driving. So a better vehicle exterior awareness is more than welcome if it’s something do-able. Why not?

And now a message to you Tesla

I love you guys, I really do. But 2017 isn’t your year. I love my car and have faith in the company, and that it will all work out eventually.

But I don’t want to have to get the promised AP2 features on the day I go to trade my vehicle in for a hovering car in 40 years from now. Get with it, or give us some liable statements that show you’re still the company who made us believe in these cars and your movement.

The Model 3 is the newborn.. I get it. But don’t starve your other children.
I hope that you are communicating this to Tesla. It may give you some satisfaction to vent here, but this is not a direct communication route to Tesla... just a way to sound off among Tesla owners and followers. And, as there have already been about 30 threads complaining about timing of AP2 and FSD functionality, I don't suppose that they are enthusiastically scouring this forum for more of them. I believe they've gotten the message and are trying. Just harder than they thought.

Last edited:
@bonnie @buttershrimp Thanks for the tips. :) Will look into submitting feedback.

I know @bonnie has lived in cold climates according to her posts on TMC, so she knows how important being able to blow hot air at the windows while cleaning the car of snow can be - or even when the temperature is just so to cause fogging or icing, not snowy...

IMO it is just such an obvious oversight, this, that it is hard to believe the people who designed have ever had to use a car on a cold(er) winter's morning. Pre-heating is the least of the worries then, being able to see out is the big thing.

Pre-heating of course can help some, but as it stands it does not include options to blow air at the windows - it is not helping with that so much...

@bonnie @buttershrimp Thanks for the tips. :) Will look into submitting feedback.

I know @bonnie has lived in cold climates according to her posts on TMC, so she knows how important being able to blow hot air at the windows while cleaning the car of snow can be - or even when the temperature is just so to cause fogging or icing, not snowy...

IMO it is just such an obvious oversight, this, that it is hard to believe the people who designed have ever had to use a car on a cold(er) winter's morning. Pre-heating is the least of the worries then, being able to see out is the big thing.

Pre-heating of course can help some, but as it stands it does not include options to blow air at the windows - it is not helping with that so much...
I swear, you must keep track of everyone's posts. :) And yes, plenty of cold weather driving. I learned to drive in Minnesota & winters weren't particularly mild there. Also had 20+ years in Boulder, CO with a variety of conditions & weekly trips in the winter to different mountain ski destinations.

I hope that we eventually will be able to select what you mention from the app. In the meantime, if I'm out and about here in winter, I'll probably just select 'keep climate on' when exiting the car. And when I get home, it's garaged, so really only need preheat. But yes, I can see that it would be very helpful to be able to defrost windshields before getting to the vehicle. (Someday I'll tell the story about the multiple inches of ice on my rental car in Neenah, WI and no scraper in the rental car. That was a long morning...)

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Well, Im 2 Model S's in all the way back to 2012 and I can definitely tell you all, don't hold your breath.

Elon is a master and generating enthusiasm and promises, but not so good at delivering.

He's got too much on his plate and Model S/X is not on his "things to do" list anymore ....

He's like my brother who can build anything ... he could build a house but never bother to install doors or paint. You sit back and ask WTH? That's Elon.

And yet he hasn’t fired himself although based on your assessment it fails his own smell test. Hmmmm

I wish they'd add remote functionality as well as keeping-on for the window heaters/windshield blowers.

It is hard to escape the feel of a California car on a cold winter's morning when the windshield blowers turn off when the driver leaves the car to clear the windows from the outside...

Will have to see if the new camper more helps any there.

To keep the defroster on, I just close the driver door "one click" instead of fully closed (two clicks). Works well for me.

I also use this trick when packing the car for a long trip to prevent the car from locking/unlocking and exercising the door handles (Model S) for every trip from house to car with luggage. I turn off the climate control when doing this.

GSP

Reactions: selfbp
To keep the defroster on, I just close the driver door "one click" instead of fully closed (two clicks). Works well for me.

I also use this trick when packing the car for a long trip to prevent the car from locking/unlocking and exercising the door handles (Model S) for every trip from house to car with luggage. I turn off the climate control when doing this.

GSP
This is how I keep the radio going while I’m around the outside of the car. I don’t know if the camper mode update has a Radio companion or not. Wouldn’t be too bad of a side effect.

Credibility is on the line, but it has always been for Tesla, it's nothing new. Eventually they do deliver.
As far as having various teams developing different aspects of the software in parallel I have yet to be convinced of that. It's just Elon ;)