Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Help] Finding my 2015 Model S 70D for Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm reaching out for some advice and support from our community. I own a 2015 Tesla Model S 70D, fully equipped with the subzero weather package, unlimited supercharging, Autopilot 1.0, and all the other premium features.

In January 2024, the car braved a severe monsoon in Virginia Beach and managed to get us home safely. However, a month or two after the incident, it began experiencing battery issues. Initially, we thought it was just the small 12V battery, but it turned out to be a more serious problem with the main battery unit, which now needs replacement.

My car insurance has decided to declare it a total loss rather than covering the cost of replacing the main battery unit. They are currently undervaluing my vehicle based on its specialized features.

I am struggling to find listings for comparable vehicles detailing all my Tesla's specific features. I would greatly appreciate any guidance on where I could find listings or databases that provide detailed specs, or any advice from those who have dealt with similar insurance challenges.

Attached are pictures of my spec list.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Attachments

• tesla specs 2.png
    tesla specs 2.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 5
  • tesla specs.png
    tesla specs.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 4
They are currently undervaluing my vehicle based on its specialized features.
Honestly that looks like a pretty typical spec for a 2015 car. Most of them were optioned out pretty nicely - not a lot of stripper models around from that era.

What are they valuing the car at, and what leads you to believe it’s under market value?

As for comps, have you looked through the for sale section here? Most listings have pretty extensive details.

Reactions: bmah
Used Tesla values have decreased greatly in the last year, along with the reductions in cost of the new Model S. You can input everything and get an instant valuation of your car at Carvana. Also, check Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds for retail valuation. Generally, you can Google your year and model for sale, and get a good idea of the current asking price of vehicle like yours. My 2020 S Long Range Plus decreased 7.1% ($3200) within the last month.

1714075101833.png