Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Run-away I-PACE, really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a spate of "unintended acceleration" cases in Tesla's. Several of which were social media influencers who used the situation for clicks.
Tesla has been suing and winning. Not saying it was all fake maybe there were real cases and then people jumped on the bandwagon but there have definitely been some bad actors who are now regretting it.

• Informative
Reactions: thax1
but that youtuber (he is actually anti EV...) ended up releasing another video, stating that "oops, I was had"...
To be honest I think for the most part he had a sensible conversation with the guy, regardless of his EV stance. Think it's quite interesting to have that kind of interview and listen to what the guy had to say.

The bit that kind of had me is he said the car had gone like WOT but was going like 90mph, their top speed is 124mph so surely if it was stuck accelerating it would be going around 124mph. I also don't think the police cars when he mentioned he kept bumping the car in front would have any issue going faster than that speed.

JLR do a pretty good job defaming their own brand these days without needing the help of others lol
Ah I quite like them and feel somewhat bad for them that insurance costs are also probably negatively affecting their sales at the moment. Of course they get all the jokes about reliability but I like a lot of what they put out. Would be sad if they ever vanished.

I sensed the possibility during the second incident that the police car ahead was applying brakes to slow the pair of vehicles to 90 mph as described. However, that does not preclude the driver behind with foot to floor on what he thought/claimed was the brake actually being the accelerator.

I sensed the possibility during the second incident that the police car ahead was applying brakes to slow the pair of vehicles to 90 mph as described. However, that does not preclude the driver behind with foot to floor on what he thought/claimed was the brake actually being the accelerator.
You'd think the torque of a heavy EV accelerating against the breaks of a lighter ICE car would quickly heat up those brakes and cause issues for that police car. Guess it depends how long they were trying to do this for.

I still don't get why he says 90 -100mph? I don't think he said he went up to 120mph and was stuck at that speed even before the police got there.

Also he had this happen twice, both times only as he goes onto a motorway. Bit lucky it didn't just do it in a 30mph or anywhere else...

I seem to remember that a long, long time ago, the early Jag XJS's had an issue with the throttle opening up and accelerating the car without driver input, and it was found to be poor shielding from radio waves being broadcast from radio controllers for models. Could be imagining it though, as it was way back in the day.

You'd think the torque of a heavy EV accelerating against the breaks of a lighter ICE car would quickly heat up those brakes and cause issues for that police car. Guess it depends how long they were trying to do this for.

I still don't get why he says 90 -100mph? I don't think he said he went up to 120mph and was stuck at that speed even before the police got there.
I am not sure, why are you asking this? He is/was lying and he is now in police custody for reckless driving and causing public nuisance.
Also he had this happen twice, both times only as he goes onto a motorway. Bit lucky it didn't just do it in a 30mph or anywhere else...
No. there is no luck. it is pure bellend driving at 90-100 mph. nothing more.

there is no issue with car - there is issue with driver's brains.

Reactions: phil4
I am not sure, why are you asking this? He is/was lying and he is now in police custody for reckless driving and causing public nuisance.

No. there is no luck. it is pure bellend driving at 90-100 mph. nothing more.

there is no issue with car - there is issue with driver's brains.
Well my point is if you want to claim the car is stuck with the throttle open, you need to drive it up to its VMAX. Otherwise the story just doesn’t hold true which as you say it doesn’t as he got arrested over it.

That’s a seriously over the top way of trying to avoid some points on your license… Maybe by the time he gets out of the slammer though it’ll be clean as they’ll have expired 😂

No jail time to be had here and all the anti EV conspiracy theorists will claim he was victimised by us lot.
I know, was just joking. Not enough room in the jails for such a petty crime. I believe they are having to give murderers community service these days so they have enough space for the most serious crimes of all, serial killers and the number one crime of all... Failing to pay HMRC the correct amount of tax ;)

Reactions: Dangerous Fish