Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tesla: Model Y Performance šŸ˜®

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, took a test drive to help my friend get some referral points. Thought itā€™ll be a bit of fun, no intentions of buying.

24 hours later I placed the lease order and left my existing lease earlyā€¦ and here we are.

I test drove the LR, but really wanted the performance mostly for aesthetics. But also the performance aspect wouldnā€™t go a miss.

Few hiccups with the finance provider and Tesla, but managed to pick it up on Saturday. Did feel quite special, until I rocked up and what must be 1000 brand new Teslaā€™s behind a wall šŸ˜‚ but enjoyed the process and no faffing. Just a key card and off you go.

But Wow. Itā€™s certainly a step up from my 200bhp cupra formentor. Just everything about it feels soā€¦ convenient. Of course, some trade offs like the sensors, rear view camera guidelines arenā€™t great, apple car play. BUT, the rest is so wonderful.

I honestly think the white model of the performance model looks the best, itā€™s just a shame thereā€™s so many white Tesla Yā€™s Out there. Only seen one MYP though, but hard to spot to the untrained eye.

I really find the comfort more than acceptable, but I havenā€™t had any back seat passengers yet. Tyres are inflated to 43PSI too. Itā€™s more comfortable than my cupra anyways.

The acceleration is bonkers. Like, WTF. I really canā€™t help but launch it at every traffic light. I purposely slow down to hit red lights šŸ˜‚ and pray some boy racer next to me begins revving to be left for dust by a family SUV.

Itā€™s been a little tricky to not break the speed limit, it eats up the road. But I love that you can get the exhilarating feeling just by accelerating within the speed limits.

Iā€™ve managed to link Waze via Bluetooth and use it for Spotify so I get the speed camera alerts that way.

Anyways, chuffed. Got it for 2 years, but I can see Tesla being like an iPhone. Once you get to grips with it, you can never go back.

Well, going to try stay active and absorb information and learn more about the car and updates.

IMG_1254.jpeg

So, took a test drive to help my friend get some referral points. Thought itā€™ll be a bit of fun, no intentions of buying.

24 hours later I placed the lease order and left my existing lease earlyā€¦ and here we are.

I test drove the LR, but really wanted the performance mostly for aesthetics. But also the performance aspect wouldnā€™t go a miss.
1709494049291.png

Few hiccups with the finance provider and Tesla, but managed to pick it up on Saturday. Did feel quite special, until I rocked up and what must be 1000 brand new Teslaā€™s behind a wall šŸ˜‚ but enjoyed the process and no faffing. Just a key card and off you go.

But Wow. Itā€™s certainly a step up from my 200bhp cupra formentor. Just everything about it feels soā€¦ convenient. Of course, some trade offs like the sensors, rear view camera guidelines arenā€™t great, apple car play. BUT, the rest is so wonderful.

I honestly think the white model of the performance model looks the best, itā€™s just a shame thereā€™s so many white Tesla Yā€™s Out there. Only seen one MYP though, but hard to spot to the untrained eye.

I really find the comfort more than acceptable, but I havenā€™t had any back seat passengers yet. Tyres are inflated to 43PSI too. Itā€™s more comfortable than my cupra anyways.

The acceleration is bonkers. Like, WTF. I really canā€™t help but launch it at every traffic light. I purposely slow down to hit red lights šŸ˜‚ and pray some boy racer next to me begins revving to be left for dust by a family SUV.

Itā€™s been a little tricky to not break the speed limit, it eats up the road. But I love that you can get the exhilarating feeling just by accelerating within the speed limits.

Iā€™ve managed to link Waze via Bluetooth and use it for Spotify so I get the speed camera alerts that way.

Anyways, chuffed. Got it for 2 years, but I can see Tesla being like an iPhone. Once you get to grips with it, you can never go back.

Well, going to try stay active and absorb information and learn more about the car and updates.
The white is a great colour, contrasting with the satin black accents. When the light catches it at night itā€™s quite special (being pearlescent).

Enjoy the car and welcome to the forum.

Glad you are loving it.

I really like the iPhone analogy.

Exactly šŸ‘šŸ» I too had to get the MYP, mainly for what youā€™ve described.. loving every moment and always looking to be challenged at any red light stop. Boom šŸ’„

Yes, I remember when my wife and I went for a test drive in the 3 in 2019 ā€¦ just for fun ā€¦ fancy ev ā€¦. no no no weā€™re not seriously going to buy one ā€¦ no way. We came away gabbling like a couple of kids! No we canā€™t justify it. Two days later the order went in!

Nice to hear some positive stories on the forum. We were much like you in that we had never even considered a Tesla. Took a MYP for a test more due to the significantly shorter lead time vs Audi and others. Loved it.

One suggestion though would be that you get onto the Teslaunch website and order a set of 5 rim protectors. The combination of Uberturbine and P Zero is terrifying.

Enjoy.

Nice to hear some positive stories on the forum. We were much like you in that we had never even considered a Tesla. Took a MYP for a test more due to the significantly shorter lead time vs Audi and others. Loved it.

One suggestion though would be that you get onto the Teslaunch website and order a set of 5 rim protectors. The combination of Uberturbine and P Zero is terrifying.

Enjoy.
Yeah, I remember in cupra groups there was a lot of negativity / complaints. Ha, which does come with it - but nice to appreciate the positives.

I even went as far as sending an email to thank the finance company, even though they did balls it up - they pulled it back and the senior manager sorted it. So sent them an email personally thanking them. Probs donā€™t get many positive emails, being a finance company šŸ˜…

Enjoy.
I agree. I had a terrible experience with my first Tesla and the next two have been great thus far and I really like driving them. Itā€™s weird, honestly. I canā€™t point a finger to one thing and tell you why I like the car. I just love driving itā€¦

As for the possible curb rush, I recommend backing in and using cameras as much as possible to reduce the risk.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    581.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: boombap
Yes, I remember when my wife and I went for a test drive in the 3 in 2019 ā€¦ just for fun ā€¦ fancy ev ā€¦. no no no weā€™re not seriously going to buy one ā€¦ no way. We came away gabbling like a couple of kids! No we canā€™t justify it. Two days later the order went in!
Exactly the same experience for me and my wife. Did a test drive, talked all day about how we didn't need a new car, BAM! Got a new car!

Congrats! We nearly bought a Chevy Bolt but had to wait too long to qualify for the tax credit here. So we reevaluated and reached out to Tesla. They said, ā€œCā€™mon down. Your Tesla is waiting for you to pick up.ā€

Itā€™s far from perfect, but when we are ready for the next car I canā€™t imagine going back to ICE. No way.

Enjoy!

Reactions: covacure
Currently away on a work trip, in sunny Spain. But I want to be back to my car šŸ˜‚ only got 4 days with it before having to set off.

Had to park on the road side near a friends house, turned sentry mode off and just check it every now and again. Currently got 56% battery. Not too bad but I think the sentry mode would see it drained to 25% in a week

Reactions: Msicario