Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The patent troll in my case doesn't have money. Even if he is ordered to pay for my attorney fees, he wouldn't be able to pay it.
He obviously has enough money to bring about this frivolous lawsuit against you. He may not have much, but they could probably take away whatever little money he does have and make him question if he ever wants to do something like this again! Have you tried countering his offer with just a thousand dollars or so to make him go away?

He obviously has enough money to bring about this frivolous lawsuit against you. He may not have much, but they could probably take away whatever little money he does have and make him question if he ever wants to do something like this again! Have you tried countering his offer with just a thousand dollars or so to make him go away?

Unfortunately, it costs almost nothing to file a lawsuit. Actually nothing if you can find a lawyer to work on spec...

Allen,

Sorry to hear that you have to deal with this type of legal abuse. Looking at the ITC complaint requirements, I noted this:

... a public version must also be
filed. For this reason, many parties elect to file a public
complaint and provide confidential information in an
attached confidential exhibit. If patent or trademark
infringement is alleged, the complainant must file certified
copies of the registered US patent or trademark, a certified
file history, any cited prior art references, and any licence
agreements. In patent based investigations, the complaint
must include claim charts, which are included as a
confidential exhibit, purporting to show that the accused
article and the complainant’s domestic product are each
covered by a representative claim of the asserted patent.

Has the complainant complied with the above? If so, where is the public portion of the complaint?

By the way, I tried your app and it appears to work well except that the charging current is not correct. The car is currently charging at 35 amps while your app shows only 20 amps.

Mine is working fine with all current software levels.
Have you tried logging out and then back into the real Tesla App, as suggested in some previous posts?

Yep. Tried logging in/out of both the Tesla official app and Remote S. It looks like it is downloading data but then it crashes before displaying the current data.

Next will be delete the Remote S app, and re-install.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah mine works fine too. Have you tried logging out and back in? Tried removing and reinstalling?

Removing and re-installing did it. Thanks.

That's great! Glad reinstalling worked. Weird how apps can get corrupted sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine has not worked for awhile. How do you log out?
I can never remember how to log out. It's kinda hidden. But you have to do that I think every 3 months when your token expires. Allen may want to make logging out a little more user friendly in an upcoming release. I'd be hard pressed to find 10 people who can do it without looking it up.

I can never remember how to log out. It's kinda hidden. But you have to do that I think every 3 months when your token expires. Allen may want to make logging out a little more user friendly in an upcoming release. I'd be hard pressed to find 10 people who can do it without looking it up.

He actually said somewhere up thread that he was going to do that and/or make the token renewal process more automatic / user-friendly. Basically he's on it.

Any update on whether or not a native WatchOS app is still coming (in light of the ongoing troll lawsuit and your recovery - that obviously is more important)? The very slow startup of the watch app (a limitation of the current implementation) makes the watch app much less useful.

No native WatchOS app planned until the trial is over. You'll probably not see one from any company including Tesla unless they also want to get sued. You can thank the patent troll for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.