Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request: User access level for phone key by user type child/spouse/friend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm tired of having to use the key card when I borrow my dads car. Its a security risk as I tend to always forget to lock it as I have had teslas for many years and totally accustomed to only walk away from the car.
Also it would be practical to let my son stay in the car during shopping without giving him full access and with kidnapping risk (expensive car in the hands of youngster)
On top of this I'm sceptical about handing over full remote control and positioning to ALL users, that in turn limits both me getting phone key to my dads car as well as my own reluctance to share FULL control of my own car.
So please ad access levels and standard suggestions like for example Admin/Child/spouse/temp user
And what if I am out on an event with friends , did not bring key cards, want to let my friend use my car. Only option today is to make him a FULL user of my car by asking him to install the app. That is not an option to me.
The very simple solution is User access level for phone key

With the following access controls
Time limit set end time and set daily/weekly schedule
Remote car location . Enable , disable , enable on schedule, enable only when user phone key was last driver.
Driving. Enable , disable, chill mode only, speed limit on/off/relative
Reporting of excessive use. Throttle level, braking, Measure g-force or other damper movements out off ordinary to admin
Choice of SuC payment method. credit card on owner cost or user cost
Gaming limits. Enable /disable or time limit gaming for user
Limit car settings changes access in other words user has their own settings and cannot fiddle with others also in the car

Then also offer quick buttons
Quick lend/borrow. quick access pre set functions (for example let my childXname borrow mSEXYcar for 24H) " dad can I borrow your car - yes sure I'll just give you 24h remember to drive carefully.
For non admin a quick request for temporary increase of access "dad give me more gaming time"

The obvious upside for Tesla is that they can say they take integrity seriously by launching this

Upvote 0