Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My app seems to instant crash on launch like every other time I launch the app. If I launch it right after the crash it always works fine. So it feels like every other launch must be a crash. Has anything else experienced this and possibly found a fix?

My app seems to instant crash on launch like every other time I launch the app. If I launch it right after the crash it always works fine. So it feels like every other launch must be a crash. Has anything else experienced this and possibly found a fix?
I have no problems like this. Have you tried completely uninstalling the app from your iPhone (and Watch), downloading again, then reinstalling?

Previously worked great. Mine is crashing every time now and failing to load any data. Have deleted and reinstalled with no success. iPhone 5 with iOS 9.2. Sent an email to Allen. Hope he gets it fixed. I really loved this app.

Update: Heard back from Allen within an hour and all is good again. Just deleting and reinstalling wasn't enough.

Try this if having issues:

Here's how to fix it: Open the main app on the iPhone or iPad. Then sign off
your MyTesla account. After you sign off the app, close the app from the
multitask. Then try signing back in again. The sign off button is found by
pressing the command menu button on the top left, and then pressing the car
icon with the circular arrows around it.

Last edited:
I am so sad. Remote S, especially the Apple Watch app, made my daily life easier. Now it will not open at all, on any device. I'm surprised how much I miss it. Will Allen ever fix it? Is the problem with the API? I wish we knew.

I am so sad. Remote S, especially the Apple Watch app, made my daily life easier. Now it will not open at all, on any device. I'm surprised how much I miss it. Will Allen ever fix it? Is the problem with the API? I wish we knew.
Heard back from Allen. Try this:
---

Heard back from Allen. Try this:
---

That's the procedure for getting a new token.

The tokens from Tesla are good for 90 days.

That procedure will resolve issues for people who have the app running but can't connect, etc., but if the app won't run, or keeps crashing I think uninstalling and reinstalling may be the way to go. If after uninstalling and reinstalling the app will open but not connect, then following the procedure Allen laid out to get a new token should work.

... but if the app won't run, or keeps crashing I think uninstalling and reinstalling may be the way to go. If after uninstalling and reinstalling the app will open but not connect, then following the procedure Allen laid out to get a new token should work.

Agreed. It's also what I proposed earlier this morning a few posts above -- we just have not heard back from TheDane on the other side of the globe from us. For once, I was ahead of you. ;) Ahahaha

That's the procedure for getting a new token.

The tokens from Tesla are good for 90 days.

That procedure will resolve issues for people who have the app running but can't connect, etc., but if the app won't run, or keeps crashing I think uninstalling and reinstalling may be the way to go. If after uninstalling and reinstalling the app will open but not connect, then following the procedure Allen laid out to get a new token should work.
Ah ha! Llightbulb. I took ownership exactly 90 days ago, on October 8. So does this procedure have to be done every 90 days?

Agreed. It's also what I proposed earlier this morning a few posts above -- we just have not heard back from TheDane on the other side of the globe from us. For once, I was ahead of you. ;) Ahahaha

Yes. I was only spelling it out to make the distinction, since it appears there are two different issues at play.

Ah ha! Llightbulb. I took ownership exactly 90 days ago, on October 8. So does this procedure have to be done every 90 days?

All the apps need new tokens every 90 days, including the Tesla app. For now, with RemoteS , you'll need to follow that procedure every 90 days. The Tesla apps I believe take care of it automatically somehow, but perhaps you wind up logging out and back in without necessarily realizing that's what is happening. Allen has said that in the next version of RemoteS he is going to improve the process to make it more straight-forward.

yes I did. I had the app on two iPhones, 6+ and 6S+, two iPads and none worked. I deleted all four of them and reinstalled them to no effect.

If it's not working on all four of them, then it's most likely a token/password issue. I suggest signing off the app using the instructions that Jennifer kindly pasted in the previous page. Then reseting your MyTesla password on the Tesla Motors website (this step is optional, but it sometimes helps with getting the app working because some accounts are locked out due to entering the wrong password 3 times in a row). Then afterwards, signing back into the app.

If it's not working on all four of them, then it's most likely a token/password issue. I suggest signing off the app using the instructions that Jennifer kindly pasted in the previous page. Then reseting your MyTesla password on the Tesla Motors website (this step is optional, but it sometimes helps with getting the app working because some accounts are locked out due to entering the wrong password 3 times in a row). Then afterwards, signing back into the app.
i have followed Jennifer's instructions and still have zero success. Remote S does not even consistently find the GPS location.

Status
Not open for further replies.