Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REAL Pictures of Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen a tan interior? All I've seen so far is white and black interiors. I'd really like to see tan before I have to order (I'm Sig 731, so maybe a month or so out). I wish there was a way to know which configuration was in which store because I could get to the Menlo Park or Santana Row stores easily (or the Fremont factory for that matter!) I really thought that big event down at Santana a month or two ago when they had four Model S's would have had more interior configurations, but there were only white and black interiors.

The other thing I'd like to see in person is the aero wheels. Anyone seen those in person either?

Has anyone seen a tan interior? All I've seen so far is white and black interiors. I'd really like to see tan before I have to order (I'm Sig 731, so maybe a month or so out). I wish there was a way to know which configuration was in which store because I could get to the Menlo Park or Santana Row stores easily (or the Fremont factory for that matter!) I really thought that big event down at Santana a month or two ago when they had four Model S's would have had more interior configurations, but there were only white and black interiors.

The other thing I'd like to see in person is the aero wheels. Anyone seen those in person either?

They do have large samples of the material in at least some of the stores (but call first). I'd imagine the Santana Row store would have them. I've seen pictures of the aero wheels but still haven't seen one in person.

IMAG0532.jpg
IMAG0533.jpg
IMAG0534.jpg
IMAG0535.jpg

The only thing new is the venue. This is what it will look like in your garage, or at the Larz Anderson museum outside Boston.

Took wife out to lunch near Santana Row today in order to photograph the Model S Performance in her favorite exterior color, since that's what we plan to get if P#4,491 is produced in 2012 (Pearl white with black napa leather interior and carbon fiber trim). Otherwise, will wait to see what 2013 "P" red metallic looks like, since I think the Sig Red looks awesome on the car. My wife (Michelle) thinks if you get White or Pearl White, Black [Nappa] Leather interior goes best since it picks-up the black exterior parts of the car, such as the nose.

It's VIN #53. A Sig husband & wife were in store to check it out, too. He said they are getting the same config, except with Black leather interior. I also got to see the rear of the vehicle with the seats folded flat, and photographed the optional carbon fiber spoiler. (We plan to get it since it differentiates the Perf.)

The "S Performance" vehicle on display is missing the Alcantra on the seat bolsters (with piping) and under the headrests. My last photos are of the configuration LCD in the store to show where it is supposed to go.

Here's the link to the photos on Google+:

https://plus.google.com/photos/117433471618932049710/albums/5743721343270033921#photos/117433471618932049710/albums/5743721343270033921

I talked to Oriana about the lack of credit for Signature and Performance wheel downgrades. I am going to do what she suggests. Take delivery with the Performance 21" wheels and tires. See how long the tires last, and if I like the wheels and tire performance. If I decide to "downgrade" later to 19" aero or 19" wheels, I should be able to easily swap my wheels with someone who wants the performance "look" on a non-perf S.

Cheers,

Russ

PS. Pulled the trigger this week to replace our black/black MB-tex E350 Bluetec (diesel) business vehicle early prior to 12/3/2012 lease termination, since already over-mileage, damn run-flat tires worn out after only 23K miles (= $1,400/set) and needs $500 ICE "B" service. Perfect time to give it back to Benz! LOL! Had intended to replace it with our Model S Perf. Hopefully, the loaded ML350 Bluetec with adaptive cruise (distronic w/pre-safe brake), active blind spot assist, active "lane keeping assist" LOL(!), active parking assist with parktronic, adaptive highbeam assist, panorama sunroof, et al will get driven by my wife after our Model S arrives -- cuz I sure won't be driving it! LOL! That's why only 24 months lease -- hope it's our last ICE... Sure was fun to negotiate, thou. Getting it $500 under dealer invoice with additional $3,000 USAA rebate, plus got the store to eat 2 extra early lease payments on the return when lease mgr. made a misteak. LOL! Buying from Tesla is boring by comparison...

I think someone said the Santana Row shop currently has a white performance with tan leather and carbon fiber dashboard, performance (dark gray) 21" wheels. From the photos I wasn't completely sure it's tan and not creamy white leather IIRC. It's there only temporarily.

I was at the Newport Beach store a few weeks ago when they displayed all four Signature colors. I've been a black car guy for years, and don't mind the routine of "wax on...wax off". In fact, I rather enjoy it. Nothing is prettier than a shiny black car. However, when I saw the Pearl White Model S in person, it completely changed my mind. Black is beautiful, no doubt about it. But with the Pearl White, you can really see the beautiful lines of this car. I think I'm going with Pearl White, Piano Black interior, Pano sun roof, 19'' wheels, tech pkg.

Here are 2 photos of the Pearl White in full daylight:

Model S white.jpg
Model S white rear.jpg

For those interested in red, here's another photo:

Model S Red.jpg

-Lenn
#P4805