Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S steering wheel / yoke tailor-made program.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status update for those interested: I placed the order for the Black Nappa Yoke with White Stitching on June 26...it shipped a little more than a week later...well within the 1-2 week production time I was told. 👍 . I'll be away on vacation when it arrives but should have it in hand on next weekend.

Since I am replacing a wheel with the yoke, it is still not clear to me that Secret-EV is shipping the complete yoke+control panel+air bag to me. I am inquiring to make sure. Would hate to receive it and not be able to install it.

Reactions: Secret-EV
Tailor Made Yoke is now installed. Many thanks to Jamie at Secret EV for quick and responsive emails with respect to questions!

I'm very satisfied with the product (Tailor Made Yoke...black Nappa leather with white stitching.) Just a couple of comments for anyone in a similar position as me who was changing out a round wheel for a yoke.

1) After installation, you will need a "re-load" of the software in order for the yoke control panel buttons to function properly. (Light up, have haptic feedback, heating function to work). This will automatically happen at the time of your next software update, or you can force a "re-load" of your current version software through the service menu of your Tesla.

2) Air Bags for the Yoke will either have a part number of 1625769, or will have a part number of 1607889 but WITHOUT an additional sticker that indicates the part is for Wheels. (My original airbag is part 1607889, plus additional sticker indicating it is for Wheels.)

Tailor Made Front.jpgTailor Made Back.jpgBefore Wheel.jpgAfter Yoke.jpg

Reactions: Secret-EV
Tailor Made Yoke is now installed. Many thanks to Jamie at Secret EV for quick and responsive emails with respect to questions!

I'm very satisfied with the product (Tailor Made Yoke...black Nappa leather with white stitching.) Just a couple of comments for anyone in a similar position as me who was changing out a round wheel for a yoke.

1) After installation, you will need a "re-load" of the software in order for the yoke control panel buttons to function properly. (Light up, have haptic feedback, heating function to work). This will automatically happen at the time of your next software update, or you can force a "re-load" of your current version software through the service menu of your Tesla.

2) Air Bags for the Yoke will either have a part number of 1625769, or will have a part number of 1607889 but WITHOUT an additional sticker that indicates the part is for Wheels. (My original airbag is part 1607889, plus additional sticker indicating it is for Wheels.)

View attachment 956768View attachment 956769View attachment 956770View attachment 956771
Yoke looking great J! and thanks for your support!

It's great to hear that Tesla owners are getting free replacements for their yokes, but it's doesn't solve the ongoing tear and wear issue. Reupholstering the yoke in real leather is still the way to eliminate the tearing problem while providing better apperance and gripping feel.

Below are the yoke we reupholster with Italian Alcantara & white stitching vs teared OEM yoke.

Alcantara is known for its luxurious feel and durability, and when properly maintained, it can indeed last for many years. It's often used in high-end automotive interiors for these reasons.
375207099_625035596190667_824077415100488107_n.jpg
375701842_329095959512314_7879956760525355824_n.jpg
373464990_4074647496095223_8731535516828586940_n.jpg

Reactions: SignatureSales
Does the carbon yoke have heating elements in it? Are there install instructions somewhere? Curious how diy this is.
Yes, we are able to fully retain the OEM heating function.

Installation is straightforward. A direct yoke swap will only take 10-15 minutes. You only need to remove the airbag and a center bolt. (Full carbon yoke come with pre-installed control panel)

FYI, we offer complimentary installation service in the OC area.