Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ready to order Plaid - but any new exterior S color insights or facts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MB90266

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2023
So Cal 90266
Greetings Forum, I've been watching and waiting for a good 3Q price movement and now we have it. I'm pretty much ready to move out on an MSM Plaid....but the only regret possible (FOMO, yes) is any new color option in the silver/grey area. MSM is or will be on many of the 3s and Ys all over our CA roads, because its the free base color. I am still hoping for some exclusivity in a S / X only color, but now ultra red is migrating backwards to highland 3. Now I see the highland 3 with a new stealth grey - might it migrate to Fremont and the S shortly? It remains unfortunate that S / X are not offered with exclusive color options.
We heard Franz hint at new colors (plural) and Ultra Red came out shortly after...but thats been like 5 months ago, with no new colors since.
Are there any insiders who can provide any facts or guidance here regarding S exterior color options? And knowing this forum after reading and learning so much, speculation and guesses are welcome as well. Thanks in advance!

With yesterday’s price reductionS on both the S and X, all colors are available at no extra cost. Even with that, I prefer the metallic white which really shows off the lines of the car and is relatively easy to keep clean. Color is such a personal taste. I’ve not heard that there are any new colors coming out. You could always get your car wrapped any color you’d like.