Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having second thoughts about color choice: Midnight Silver Metallic or Blue Metallic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model S LR in Midnight Silver Metallic (MSM) with black interior, but I'm having second thoughts and am considering Deep Blue Metallic with white interior instead. My original delivery estimate was this month, but it's now April/May so I can probably change the color if I want to.

My first Model S was MSM with grey interior. My current S is white with black interior. The white looks nice, but I don't want to do it again because it shows every bit of dirt. My wife's Model 3 is Deep Blue Metallic with white interior, which I think looks great, but I've always thought the blue looked better on the 3 than on the S. I recently test drove a blue S. However, the MSM is kind of boring, so I'm reconsidering. I would probably choose the white interior with the blue. I think the new Ultra Red looks beautiful, but I don't need that much attention. If Silver Metallic was still offered, I'd probably choose that instead.

If you have a Deep Blue Metallic S, any regrets about the color choice? What's your interior color? Most blue inventory S cars in my area have the cream interior, but my wife's white interior (2018 3) looks great and has held up well.

I love the Blue metallic plus white interior. When we buy or order a MY soon, that's the color it will be.

But then again, all our cars are blue. ;)

I used to own a BMW Z4 with deep sea blue metallic paint and a bright white interior. That was a beaut.
If I were ordering a Y or 3, I wouldn’t hesitate to get the blue, but I’m not sure it looks as good on the S (or X). When I first started looking at Teslas in 2015, one of the cars I test drove was a darker navy blue that I really liked, but it was discontinued before I ordered my S.

I've got a Model 3 in the blue and a Model Y in the MSM. It's a personal preference.
While there are probably a lot of people happy with the white seats, there are a lot of questions about cleaning them.

Take a look at the inventory near you and see if anything is available. It it is, then you can get it quick AND get the end of quarter Supercharger bonus.

Take a look at the inventory near you and see if anything is available. It it is, then you can get it quick AND get the end of quarter Supercharger bonus.
I’ve been watching the inventory in my area, but the closest matches have hundreds of miles on them, so I’m not interested (and they’re not exact matches). I also want to be sure I get HW4 and the new glass roof. I don’t mind waiting for what I ordered (and bypassing the EOQ delivery madness), my only concern is getting a new trade in offer that’s lower than my current one.

I ordered a Model S LR in Midnight Silver Metallic (MSM) with black interior, but I'm having second thoughts and am considering Deep Blue Metallic with white interior instead. My original delivery estimate was this month, but it's now April/May so I can probably change the color if I want to.

My first Model S was MSM with grey interior. My current S is white with black interior. The white looks nice, but I don't want to do it again because it shows every bit of dirt. My wife's Model 3 is Deep Blue Metallic with white interior, which I think looks great, but I've always thought the blue looked better on the 3 than on the S. I recently test drove a blue S. However, the MSM is kind of boring, so I'm reconsidering. I would probably choose the white interior with the blue. I think the new Ultra Red looks beautiful, but I don't need that much attention. If Silver Metallic was still offered, I'd probably choose that instead.

If you have a Deep Blue Metallic S, any regrets about the color choice? What's your interior color? Most blue inventory S cars in my area have the cream interior, but my wife's white interior (2018 3) looks great and has held up well.
Love my Blue so much, black interior as I hate the look of the lighter wood.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl

Boring?!

IMG_1958.jpeg

Reactions: Pricedm
I think I’ll stick with MSM and black interior. I wouldn’t consider the white interior with MSM. Thanks for your opinions.
I always lean black on interiors, but don't discount the white interior. My neighbor and I have the exact same spec MSP: MSM with 21" Arachnids but he went white on the interior and it looks stunning. I wear jeans a lot and schlep kids around who play field sports, so the thought of trying to keep the white clean made me stick with the black, but the black/white interior looks very good with the MSM.

I always lean black on interiors, but don't discount the white interior. My neighbor and I have the exact same spec MSP: MSM with 21" Arachnids but he went white on the interior and it looks stunning. I wear jeans a lot and schlep kids around who play field sports, so the thought of trying to keep the white clean made me stick with the black, but the black/white interior looks very good with the MSM.
I have MSM with tan interior and I love it.

Reactions: jebinc