Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 Long Range Ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning,

I ordered a 2022 Model 3 Long Range used from Tesla website. This will be my first Tesla. I'm sure I will read that i shouldn't have gone with white/black interior but heres the deets on it. Did I get a pretty good deal? Seems this build on a brand new one with less range is $57k built like this:

Model 3 LR Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive $42,500 (also had to pay $500 to ship)
Miles: 14,650
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
18" Aero Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Enhanced Autopilot
Accelerator Boost
Cold Weather Feature

Nice! there was one with FSD but it was 47k for the same color combo, blue with white interior LR. Didn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather pay the subscription for that super rare long road trip but EAP is fine with me.

$1000 nonrefundable deposit on a used car?? That's ridiculous.
Also, the $500 deposit is applied towards the car so my fee was the 500 for shipping IF i buy it. I don't get the trade credit though because I have to sell my car privately but Tesla only offered $17,500 and my local Lexus store offered $21,000. We were on the fence about a AWD Lexus because I wasn't sure about going to electric yet. the build quality in a ES250 for example is crazy nice on the 2023 and its no more expensive.

Reactions: DomDeWild
Also, the $500 deposit is applied towards the car so my fee was the 500 for shipping IF i buy it. I don't get the trade credit though because I have to sell my car privately but Tesla only offered $17,500 and my local Lexus store offered $21,000. We were on the fence about a AWD Lexus because I wasn't sure about going to electric yet. the build quality in a ES250 for example is crazy nice on the 2023 and its no more expensive.
If there's a problem with the car that makes you uncomfortable taking delivery, you're out the full $1000?

Got the car and it's certainly gorgeous and a blast. Ordered some wheel caps for the aero wheels.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1691813649095.jpg
    FB_IMG_1691813649095.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 137
If there's a problem with the car that makes you uncomfortable taking delivery, you're out the full $1000?
The approach they have towards used ownership, I would not recommend it to anyone because they easily could spend the time taking pictures of these cars. No pics exist of the actual cars for sale that are used directly from Tesla website. One of Tesla associates themselves said the cars can be hit or miss but I'm happy to report ours honestly looked brand new, short of whoever put ppf on it not being good at it.

I wasn't happy that Tesla removed the USS last year. I’ve got 2 Teslas with USS and just picked up a 3 without them. Gotta admit, I haven’t really had any issues without them. I think the whole USS issue is overblown.
Perhaps but they come in handy daily in our garage …stop around 39-42cm and allows garage door to close and max out walk space in front of the car. Also helps when backing in a grocery parking lot. Wife loves it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: JimboSl1ce
Black/white interior is the correct choice.
Well, to each their own. I had a black car once..hotter then hell inside in the summer, showed every bit of dust , dirt, etc. Yes, when clean and waxed(what ever you use) it looked great, but I got very tired of washing it every 3 days. Did I say it got real hot when it sat in the sun? That was the last Black car for me. Like I said, each to there own.