Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

De-badged rear Model 3 Long Range...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was a nice weekend to replace the black TESLA with OEM letters. Here are the steps I did below. Process took about an hour to complete. I think it looks great. I had to cut the template Telsa gives you as all my letters were crooked and not centred.

1. First use a heat gun and dental floss to remove the letters
  2. Use Goo-Gone to remove sticky gum
  3. Use CarPro Eraser to clean the surface.
  4. Measure up 3 3/8" from bottom of trunk lip, tape a sting as a guide. make sure the string is level and 3 3/8" at all positions for all letters.
  5. I taped in the gaps to ensure the line was level and tight.
  6. I cut out the pieces from the template and positioned them on the line.
  7. Repeat for all letters are ensure you spell TESLA correct.

Dimensions:
  • Bottom of letters are 3 3/8" from bottom lip of trunk. This is where the button is to open the trunk
  • Letters are 4.5" apart centre.
  • Nothing scientific about the measurements, a laser level would have helped a lot better than the string.

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3901.jpg
    IMG_3901.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3902.jpg
    IMG_3902.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3903.jpg
    IMG_3903.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3904.jpg
    IMG_3904.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3907.jpg
    IMG_3907.jpg
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Petermcg
Coming from another recently updated thread to say: Nice mod!

7. Repeat for all letters are ensure you spell TESLA correct.
Me being me, if I were to do something like this I'd probably spell it: "L A T E S" Not that I'm a fish expert or enjoying fishing (I don't) but this has the effect of putting the "T" in the appropriate, center location and I like creating confusion or a guessing game for people behind me.

OT: Kind of the reason why I selected my vanity plate you see as my avatar. 10,000 gauss (G) is also known as a "tesla"; previous life I was a memory test engineer working on STT-RAM technology. Also explains why I had 3MMQXX3 on my BMW, specifically for mounting on my front bumper so someone ahead of me could see it in their rear view mirror.

lol, I was thinking the same. Our Tesla has no badging at all. Removed all of it. I hate trying to clean between them and don't care to advertise that I drive a Tesla...not like everyone doesn't already know with them being as common as Civics/Corolla
Teslas are no where near common. Pretty much every other brand is more common.

• Funny
Reactions: derekmw