Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 M3 Long Range Rear Brake Caliper Rebuild or replacement Question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone replaced a rear caliper or rebuilt one with out any issues?

I have a small tear in the rear caliper boot cover. I plan to purchase a rebuild seal kit. Place car in service mode, disconnect EPB cable from caliper, remove caliper and brake line and quickly seal the hose off with rubber blocks and a clamp to prevent fluid loss. Remove e-brake motor and manually turn drive gear to push piston out. Replace internal piston seal, lube piston and dust boot and reassemble the caliper. Then I will use syringe to pre-fill the caliper to reduce the amount of air in the caliper. Reassemble onto car and attach brake line and motor. I will then vacuum bleed the one caliper. Old school style. Should not take more than 2 oz.

No I do not have a "toolbox" scanner or harness or a pressure bleeder. I have rebuilt many calipers on other model in past years.

Has anyone had succusses in replacing a rear caliper without tesla tools or creating issues such as fault codes. Would love to hear you option if you are a tech that has had success or cautions for me based on your past experience.

Richard