Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range isn't what needs attention...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every last one of you have no idea what your talking about......

I see they have put the flux capacitor in series with the warp drive, every 1st year academy grad knows you need to put these in parallel. Doing so will cause the neutron particles to reach there maximum velocity in the warp core thereby increasing velocity squared at the point of mid acceleration. :tongue: Engineering...change notice please.

I experience this psychological effect on my smart car (horrible example, but still waiting on Tesla funds!).

The gas car feels like it accelerates faster at higher speeds despite the electric being a good 20% quicker, but being a smart car, it takes a good second to downshift and rev up to 6500 rpm. Once it's at 6500 rpm, sure, it's accelerating much faster than my electric and would eventually overtake it--but at that point, my electric smart has already increased its speed to the levels I was needing.

Same difference in a P85D versus an ICE sports car, but it just happens in a much more narrow timeframe. The P85D is quicker from many videos and rolling drag races than many supercars, but it just doesn't feel as brutal and gives the illusion that it's not accelerating as quickly.

It's a different story if you're blowing to 100+ mph of course, but at that point... well, you said you didn't want to be reminded :D